Songs To Listen To

10 Songs You Should Listen To This Month

Music is an important part of life, listen to the right stuff.

8
Photo by Mohammad Metri on Unsplash

Everyone has different music tastes, which is great! I prefer pop and 80's music. I am only putting pop music on this playlist as a way to appeal to the masses instead of a niche. There are songs on here that cross genres and give their own twist, so even if you think you won't like any songs on this playlist, give them a listen!

1. "What A Time" - Julia Michaels & Niall Horan

This is a song that reminds me of the feelings of fall, but with the freshness of spring, if that makes any sense. There is also an acoustic version on YouTube for my coffee-shop type listeners. This song has such powerful vocals from Julia that you can't help but feel some sort of emotion. It is a ballad about a breakup, that they knew was right for them, but they want to be back at the time they were together. I bet a lot of you can relate to this and it is a nice way to know that you're not alone.

2. "Who Do You Love" - The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds of Summer.

Not even going to lie, I am the biggest 5sos stan. I love them. But this song gives their sound a whole new dimension. It allows them to give the guitars and slight punk rock feeling we're used to while introducing the pop aspect that Chainsmokers are known for and combining them into an undeniable bop. I love this song, it is so much fun to sing in the car. They have been on Spotify's "Today's top hits" list since the day it came out. Rightfully so.

3. "Sucker" - Jonas Brothers

This is hands down the best comeback song of all time. It is such a fun song with a great beat and even better vocals. All of my 90's and 2000's babies understand how exciting this is. At first, I didn't listen to the song because I like Joe and Nick separately as artists and their tastes were quite different from each other. I was worried the song wouldn't live up to the hype and people were just excited because the jobros were back. My assumptions were wrong. This song is one I can see myself listening to all summer and enjoying it every single time. It is so fun and a great conversation starter. Spoiler alert: the video is amazing.

4. "Talk" - Khalid

This is a teen anthem if I've ever heard one. khalid takes an issue that I know a lot of teens deal with (communication) and makes it into a great pop song. It is relatable and fun. His voice is amazing and honestly, he has come out with a bunch of songs lately, all great, but this one is my favorite.

5. "bad idea" - Ariana Grande

I'm actually going to start this by saying that the entire discography of Ariana Grande is amazing. Everyone has heard "Thank U, Next" and "7 Rings," but "Bad Idea" is still fairly new. It is a bad b*tch anthem in my opinion. It is fun, the vocals are great, and you can bond over other peoples' shared love for Ari.

6. "Wow." - Post Malone.

This song has been out for a couple of months but has yet to leave the top charts. I personally think this is Post's best song. The beat is infectious, it is on brand for him and his listeners, it has pop culture references, and honestly is just really good. It is a song to jam to in the car or while you bust it out in the gym. 10/10.

7. "Please Me" - Cardi B & Bruno Mars

Yes! The power duo is back! I have to say, this collaboration duo is one of my favorite voice pairings of all time. Cardi is so much fun but also sexy, and Bruno brings so much sex appeal with his voice while reminding you to have fun. Both of the songs they have come out with together have been hits for that exact reason. I love this song and love them together.

8. "Dancing With A Stranger" - Sam Smith and Normani

This is a relatable, pop, teen music mixed with Sam Smiths heavenly ballad, type break-up song. It is a song you could play in the club while trying to forget about your recent love battles and feel good about it. Their voices work great together and I think this is a great collab.

9. "Sally Walker" - Iggy Azalea

Iggy is back and came for us with this new song. I honestly think this is a great pop song and the music video is even better. It's a fun play on a childhood song that everyone knows and allows you to just cut loose and have fun.

10. "wish you were gay" - Billie Eilish

Billie is huge right now. People love her, and rightfully so. This song has strong vocals and a deep beat. It reminds me of Lourde. Her music is good and all around the same genre of dark pop. She's not for everyone but if you like her, you know how good this song is.