15 Songs Released In 2017 That Got Me Through This Year

Sometimes you just gotta dance it out.

157
Drew Graham

2017 has been a crazy year but there have been some quality tunes that have been released for the world to enjoy. Sometimes you just need some music to escape from whatever else is going on in your life. Here are some of the bops that made my playlist:

1. "Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran

I can’t even count how many times I listened to this gem. From the second I heard the opening beat, I was absolutely hooked!!

2. "New Rules" by Dua Lipa

I don’t have a man to break up with but this song made me want to dance my guy troubles away! Dua Lipa is one of the best up and coming artists out there and you should definitely give her a listen!

3. "Flicker" by Niall Horan

Okay maybe you can’t dance to this one but it’s still a work of art. Niall’s first solo album came out this past October and has 13 beautiful songs to fall in love with.

4. "HOLD ME TIGHT OR DON’T" by Fall Out Boy

I’ve also listened to this song an unhealthy amount. It came out mid-November but it has quickly become one of my favorites off their album that is to be released January 19th, 2018!

5. "Kiwi" by Harry Styles

A true musical masterpiece!! Harry knocked it out of the park with this tune from his first solo, self-titled album released this past May.

6. "heart" by flor

This band from Oregon is starting to really make a name for themselves. Their first full album came out mid-May of this year and they’re embarking on their first headlining tour this winter. Make sure you score some tickets before they sell out!

7. "Bodak Yellow" by Cardi B

I knew this song would be huge from the second I heard it. Cardi B is such an interesting, passionate artist and she killed it on this track.

8. "Feelings" by Hayley Kiyoko

The LGBT+ icon released this equally iconic song this past October that dives into how complicated feelings and relationships can truly be.

9. "Miranda Beach" by COIN

This song’s chorus goes so hard and COIN continues to impress with their entire album “How Will You Know If You Never Try” that came out this past April.

10. "Miss You" by Louis Tomlinson

Louis is working on releasing his full first solo album soon but for now, our ears have been blessed with a few singles. This particular one has a lot of guitars and talks about missing someone close to you.

11. "Rake It Up" by Yo Gotti ft. Nicki Minaj

This song is a major jam and I'm sure my roommates are really hoping I'll stop playing it constantly next semester.

12. "Monsoon" by Hippo Campus

This song is so chill and perfect to listen to while you’re just relaxing from the wild year we’ve had. HippoCampus’ album “Landmark” came out this past February and they’ve got a little bit of something for everyone.

13. "Don’t Play" by Halsey

This song is absolutely incredible. Words can’t describe how much I love this song. Halsey does an amazing job of crafting some beautiful lyrics that prove what a strong artist she is.

14. "Unforgettable" by Thomas Rhett ft. Maren Morris

This song is so stinkin' cute and I will forever be upset that Thomas Rhett isn't married to me.

15. "Learn To Let Go" by Kesha

This is a perfect song to blast as the year ends to help you let go and start fresh in the new year!

This has been a great year for music and I cannot wait to see what 2018 brings. These songs made it onto my playlists this year, have a listen and find some new music to love.