16 Songs to Celebrate 16 Years of Maroon 5

16 Songs To Celebrate 16 Years Of Maroon 5

Who doesn't sing along to "She Will Be Loved?"

38
Maggie Kieffer

Anyone who knows me knows that my all-time favorite band is Maroon 5. I've seen them in concert 3 different times, own every album, and always vote Team Adam on "The Voice" (even though Blake always finds a way to win). I know all the words to every song. I've gotten several of my friends to join the fan bandwagon over the years.

What didn't really come into perspective until recently is that I the band has been together for a decade and a half already! Their first album, "Songs about Jane," came out 11 days after my little sister Anna was born in 2002. She can drive now. So music that I listen to while I work out or drive or do homework has been around almost as long as my sister. Obviously, the band has had some changes over the years (if you really want to be technical, the band was originally named Kara's Flowers and began in 1994- making them over 20 years old), but Maroon 5 has been dominating American music for well over a decade.

Admittedly, I know very few people besides myself who would say that they are their favorite band, but I bet you know at least one of their songs. Over the last 16 years, the band has released 6 albums, been on the "Billboard Hot 100" multiple times, won three Grammys and plenty of other awards, and was ranked 11th on "Billboard's" list of "The Top 20 Duos/Groups of All Time" in August 2018. Not bad for a band that's been on America's music scene for 16 years. So whether I'm just introducing you to the band now or you're as much of a fan as I am, here is a list of 16 of the best Maroon 5 songs of the last 16 years:

1. "Harder to Breathe" 

Album: "Songs About Jane"

It was the albums lead single, released in 2002!

2. "This Love" 

Album: "Songs About Jane"

It won the Grammy for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal at the 48th Grammy Awards.

3. "She Will Be Loved" 

Album: "Songs About Jane"

My personal favorite of their songs.

4. "Sunday Morning" 

Album: "Songs About Jane"

5. "Makes Me Wonder" 

Album: "It Won't Be Soon Before Long"

At the time of its release in 2007, this song set a record for biggest jump to #1 in "Billboard" history, going from 64 to number 1.

6. "Misery" 

Album: "Hands All Over"

7. "Moves Like Jagger" ft. Christina Aguilera 

Album: "Hands All Over"

This song remains one of the best-selling digital singles of all time.

8. "One More Night"

Album: "Overexposed"

9. "Payphone" ft. Wiz Khalifa

Album: "Overexposed"

This song was the 5th best selling single of 2012 worldwide.

10. "Daylight"

Album: "Overexposed"

11. "Love Somebody"

Album: "Overexposed"

12. "Animals"

Album: "V"

This song was Maroon 5's 10th top 10 single in the U.S.

13. "Sugar"

Album: "V"

This song was nominated for a Grammy at the 58th Grammy Awards.

14. "Wait"

Album: "Red Pill Blues"

15. "What Lovers Do"

Album: "Red Pill Blues"

16. "Girls Like You" ft. Cardi B.

Album: "Red Pill Blues"

The music video for this song is currently the 5th most viewed music video of 2018.

There are plenty of other good songs that I couldn't place on this list, so if you like what you've heard so far check them out!