Songs for your Psyche

Songs for your Psyche

Here for that weekly mood boost.

7
Songs for your Psyche
myself

It is that time of the year. Midterms, illness, and cuffing szn are round the corner. So here I am with another dose of new music to help heal your psyche from the social, health and academic stresses surrounding you.

lyrical zen Giphy

100 Degrees: Rich Brian

Good vibes

Rich Brian is a newfound artist for me. His newest album, The Sailor, is full of good-vibe music that is uplifting and a refreshing change to the normally sullen vibes that autumn brings. The lyrics in 100 degrees allow you to question your stress and take a moment to realize that life is good. Go outside, take a breath, and enjoy the natural beauty of the world.

24 / 7 / 365 : The Surfaces

The Surfaces are also a newfound group that produces some nice, indie vibes. Their songs are beautifully simple, with relaxing cords and melodic verses. 24 / 7 / 365 is one of my favorite songs to wake up to, as it is inoffensive and perfectly pleasant. I am looking forward to pairing the Surfaces' music with the impending spooky, stressful szn. When you just need a moment for you and to restart your positivity, turn on the Surfaces and enjoy 24 / 7 / 365.

Ivory Black : Oliver Riot

Ivory Black is for those who enjoy a bit darker and more emo music. This is for when you're in one of those sentimental moods where you are feeling things more deeply than before. Sentiment is oftentimes a strong emotion that can overtake you during autumn, the time when things seem to pick up as the weather cools down. Ivory Black is a relaxing and beautiful song that you can pair with these deep sentiments, which may initially feel negative, but ultimately remind you that you are a human with experiences that shape who you are during all seasons.

Ocean Eyes : Billie Eilish

I swear. This song never gets old. I have listened to it at least a thousand times and every time it hits different. Billie Eilish is there for you when no one else is. When the world seems to be failing and everything seems to be going wrong, turn on Ocean Eyes and cry away those sorrows. Again, autumn is a difficult and transitional period, so it is healthy to take some time for catharsis and cry it all out. Refresh yourself with Ocean Eyes and let the sadness pass like a wave, and welcome the good things that are to come!

Dazed & Confused : Ruel

Ruel is by far one of my favorite new artist finds. His music, like Rich Brian's, has an upbeat tempo. However, his songs hit harder emotionally. Dazed & Confused is a perfect example of Ruel's musical variety. I relate to his music as it is geared towards young individuals who are experiencing turmoil in their personal love-lives. Autumn, as aforementioned, is "cuffing season", or the season where the pressure to find a significant other increases... Instead of stressing over finding the one, be happy with yourself and turn up some Ruel in your car and move on with being content with you.