Songs for the summer

My Top 12 Favorite Songs To Jam To This Summer

Listening to music can make the summer even better.

27
Halie Cote

Do you listen to music? I know, stupid question right? Who doesn't listen to music? But now I have a really hard question… what's your favorite song? Who's your favorite artist to listen to?

I know all hard questions, right? I have difficulty answering them myself. It always depends on where I am, who I'm with, what I'm doing and what mood I'm in at the time.

Growing up I have always listened to Country music. Now I listen to everything, well almost anything. My favorites are Country, Rap (some not all), Hip Hop, R&B, and Pop.

Some of my favorite artists to listen to are: Thomas Rhett, Sam Hunt, Charlie Puth, Little Mix, Meghan Trainor,, Niall Horan (yes, he's from One Direction, and yes, I like them too), Dylan Scott, Alessia Cara, Ariana Grande, Andy Grammer, Bruno Mars, Kane Brown, Demi Lovato, Hailee Steinfeld and Lady Antebellum to name just a few. Like I've said, picking one is very hard, even for me.

Some of my favorite songs to listen to during the summer, as well as year round are…

1. Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset by: Luke Bryan

This is the newest song I've heard on the radio recently. I do admit I'm not a huge fan of Luke, but I am beginning to be. This song is so catchy and danceable. It's enjoyable to listen to. It screams summer time throughout the lyrics, when I hear I think of when I got my sunburn from Ohio.

2. No Excuses by: Meghan Trainor

Another catchy and danceable song for me. This is one of Meghan's newest songs to come out and I am enjoying it a lot.

3. Life Changes by: Thomas Rhett

I enjoy Thomas Rhett, he is my #1 favorite Country artist to listen to. I love the message throughout this song. He talks about how him and his wife's life has changed through the years, but mostly this year. He mentions his children in this song and how they have changed his life for the better. Summer is about changes and this song reminds me of summer.

4. Slow Hands by: Niall Horan

I'm obsessed with this song. Not only do I love this song by Niall Horan, but a friend of mine sings this song at his gigs. He enjoys singing and he plays this song at his gigs sometimes. This song is just amazing, no special reason.

5. Singles You Up by: Jordan Davis

I enjoy this song a lot. It makes me want to dance every time I hear it come on the radio, which I do all the time at work. It doesn't matter where I am or who I'm with, I dance no matter what. Which to me is what summer is all about, to enjoy yourself despite your surroundings.

6. Road Less Traveled by: Lauren Alaina

I enjoy dancing to this song. The word "road" reminds me of an endless road going anywhere. Summer is an endless time that has endless opportunities for anything to happen.

7. Scars To Your Beautiful by: Alessia Cara

This song has a powerful message behind it. It tells everyone they should be themselves and love themselves no matter what and no matter what others say or see them. I enjoy this song because it reminds me that I should be myself and not what society or anyone else wants me to be.

8. House Party by: Sam Hunt

This song screams summer to me because it reminds me of hanging out with my friends. To me this song reminds me you can have a party with any amount of your friends, big or small. It can be anywhere, as long as you're with those who are important to you and you are having fun.

9. Compass by: Lady Antebellum

Another favorite is Lady A. This song makes me think summer because you can go anywhere and enjoy time under the stars. A compass is something that takes you where you want to go.

10. Let You Be Right by: Meghan Trainor

Another enjoyable song by Meghan Trainor and another newer song by her. I enjoy dancing to this when it comes on, I love the beat.

11. Attention by: Charlie Puth

I enjoy listening to this song by Charlie. It's catchy and danceable.

12. Vacation by: Thomas Rhett

Yes, another Thomas Rhett. What can I say, I'm obsessed! I do a line dance to this song at the Mishnock Barn. This song screams Summer, literally. Makes me want to be laying under the sun at the beach or by a poolside, personally by a pool.

For me music helps me through life, it makes everything great. Music has memories and stories behind them, the artists and then there's those to who listen to them. Just like music, summer is all about creating good memories, something for you to look back on.