Songs to Get You Through Midterms

8 Songs to Get You Through Midterm Season

Because we all could use a little music to get us through these dark times.

126

Pulling all-nighters, drinking gallons of coffee, camping out in the library, there's nothing more frightening than the midterm season. One of the ways that I get through all of my work is by listening to music. So here are my top seven songs that help me keep a positive attitude during midterm season, hope you enjoy!

1. “September” –Earth, Wind, & Fire 

This is just the ultimate feel good song. I have so many great memories attached to it that it lifts my spirits when I get the home work blues.

2. “Put Your Records On” –Corrine Bailey Rae

This is another one that just makes me feel good whenever I listen to it. It makes me think of summertime and it reminds me to take time to relax.

3. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” –Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell 

Whenever this song comes on I can't help but sing it at the top of my lungs. It's also a good reminder that you can conquer anything, even midterms!

4. “In My Blood”-Shawn Mendes 

This is my go to song when I feel like giving up on my chemistry home work.

5. “Love on Top” –Beyonce

Queen Bey always puts me in a good mood, even when I'm cramming for an 8 am midterm. You're lying if you've never belted this one out in your car. The key changes in this song give me life!

6. “Something I Need”—OneRepublic

This song pushes me to keep going when I've had a bad day. It helps me move past the bad and look towards the good.

7. “The Middle” –Jimmy Eat World

This song helps me remember that the pain of midterm season is only temporary. We can do this!

8. “no tears left to cry” –Ariana Grande

This is the song I play when I'm feeling motivated and ready to take on the world. These midterms ain't got nothin on me!

I hope you enjoyed these songs and that they brought a little bit of happiness to your midterm season! Good luck and study hard!