It happens more often than I would like to admit. I pull out a fresh canvas, pick my poison of paint, dip my brush in, and then… nothing. We all experience a creative roadblock from time to time, but some of us (yours truly) tend to get discouraged and pack up shop without trying to cure it. As human beings, we are inspired by our unique emotions and experiences, which is often translated into music. Lucky for you, here's a list of ten sweet tunes that will dig you out of the hole and have you expressing yourself in no time.

1. "Different State of Mind" by Kid Bloom

This indie band does not disappoint. True to its title, "Different State of Mind" will make you think differently and relax you with its melody. This sound could practically paint a picture for me.

2. "Myth" by Beach House

You've never heard a sound like this. There is something whimsical about "Myth"- maybe it's the dream pop feel, or maybe it's the empowering message it holds about moving forward.

3. "Eyes" by Ambar Lucid

"Eyes" touches on the woes and wonderments of love that only the deepest thinkers might come across. Ambar Lucid has a way of making lyrics come to life, making this one of my favorite feel-good songs.

4. "Dreams Tonite" by Alvvays

Smooth enough to act as background noise for your next masterpiece, yet sentimental enough to stick with you, "Dreams Tonite" is something that will inspire you even after you've already listened to it.

5. "White Gloves" by Khruangbin

"White Gloves" could take the cake. The song tells a melancholy, yet magical tale set to a slow, funky beat, making it the best of both worlds.

6. "Chronic Sunshine" by Cosmo Pyke

If the name does not already give it away, "Chronic Sunshine" is the song that will pull you out of your creative slump. This alternative sound will ease your mind and make room for new ideas.

7. "Cool with You" by Her's

The formula for "Cool with You" is enough to jog your spirit: vaporwave meets dream pop. I promise you'll find yourself singing this while you sketch. Her's is one of my favorite bands for a reason.

8. "Season 2 Episode 3" by the Glass Animals

"Season 2 Episode 3" pairs a techno beat with honest feelings of relationships. Give this a listen and not only will you suddenly feel upbeat, but you might even feel like you've heard it before.

9. "I'm Just Snacking" by Gus Dapperton

A unique voice, a groovy vibe, and a tambourine. Need I say more? What part of this indie pop song wouldn't get your creative juices flowing?

10. "Oatmeal for Cowards" by Big Buddy

Don't be fooled by the soft voice; "Oatmeal for Cowards" is a new kind of rock song. This tune is one that will get your adrenaline pumping, preparing you to paint your little heart out.