Best Songs From 2008

18 Songs From 2008 For Summer of 2018

A decade old, but still hot

37

2008: The year when Barack Obama and Joe Biden were first elected, winning against John McCain and Sarah Palin (but not before lots of memes were created). Michael Jackson was still alive. American Idol was still popular featuring judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson with contestant David Cook winning. Disney's "Wall-E" and "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" came out. Crazy times.

Surprisingly some pretty good music also came out of that year. Although they may have come out a decade ago, these songs from the Billboard Hot 100 in 2008 are still faves that everyone can't help but sing and dance along to. These songs are perfect crowd-pleasers for long road trips or backyard barbeque parties.

Have fun listening and don't get too nostalgic!

1. Low - Flo Rida

2. Viva La Vida - Coldplay

3. So What - P!nk

4. Disturbia - Rihanna

5. Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - Beyonce

6. Love Song - Sara Bareilles

7. Forever - Chris Brown

(Don't worry, this is before Chris Brown went downhill…)

8. Pocketful of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield

9. I’m Yours - Jason Mraz

10. Shake It - Metro Station

11. Hot N Cold - Katy Perry

12. Our Song - Taylor Swift

Personally, I miss OG Taylor Swift and long for the days when she did country.

13. Burnin’ Up - Jonas Brothers

14. Big Girls Don’t Cry - Fergie

15. Apologize - Timbaland feat. OneRepublic

16. Bubbly - Colbie Caillat

17. Love Story - Taylor Swift

18. When I Grow Up - The Pussycat Dolls

So whether looking for a trip down memory lane or some music to mix up your playlists, consider looking through the old songs in your music library or the old top 100s. You'll never know what you'll find!