Sometimes It's Better To Color Outside The Lines

8

Sometimes it's easier. Easier to stay inside the lines. Sometimes we get caught up in our own comfort-zones. We forget to be adventurous, to take chances. We forget that when we step outside our comfort-zones, we experience growth.

I used to find comfort in the comfortable. If something felt uncomfortable or unknown, I would excuse myself from the situation. I was so content in being content. But, I eventually realized, I wasn't moving forward. I was stuck. Being content was great, but it was more than that. It was my safe zone, my go to, my everything. I closed myself off to things unknown and I closed myself off to the plans God had for me. It wasn't just that I was safe within my comfort-zone, but rather, I idolized it. And because I idolized it, I forgot about moving forward. God was nudging me, but I was so comfortable in my own little world, my own little corner, that I missed many of His nudges. But, I've begun to change. I'm finally learning it's sometimes better to color outside the lines.

It's not that easy though, but I'm getting there. And when it gets difficult, I look to He who guides my steps.

Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

2 Timothy 1:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

Jeremiah 1:8

"Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the Lord."

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight."