Some Self-Reflection Questions For Every Day, Especially When You're Stressed

Because you deserve to check in with yourself.

59

Whenever I reflect or check-in with myself, I want to be kind to myself and ask productive questions. These are a few of my favorites.

How are you feeling right now at the moment?

media.giphy.com

Are you holding any tension in your body right now?

media.giphy.com

You should probably relax your shoulders, unclench your jaw, straighten your back, or stretch if you need to.

Have you eaten anything recently?

media.giphy.com

If you're hungry, you might want something. If it's been hours, see if you can eat something, even if it's small.

Have you drank water today?

media.giphy.com

You should probably fill up a glass anyways.

What do you need to hear right now at this moment?

media.giphy.com

Tell yourself what you need to hear right now. "I am worthy of love." "My feelings are valid." "It's okay to rest and take breaks." Whatever you need.

Name what’s enough for you right now.

media.giphy.com

Too often, we're always looking back or contemplating the future. Right now, in this moment, what is enough for you? Your relationship, your friends, your family, yourself. That fact that you're alive.

If you have a motto or mantra, is this a good time to repeat it?

media.giphy.com

One of the things I tell myself is "All you can do is all you can do." When I need to check-in and reflect, this is something I try to keep in my headspace.

Is there anything you can do now that will relieve future you?

media.giphy.com

If you feel up to it, can you do the dishes so you wake up to a clean kitchen? Can you finish an assignment that's due tomorrow night? Can you start it? If not, that's okay. Do you need a nap? Does your body need nourishment?

Is there anything weighing on your mind?

media.giphy.com

Can you talk about it with someone if you're comfortable with that? If not, do you want to take a minute and journal about it? Can you identify the feeling you have and what it makes you feel?