Some New Year's 'Resolves'

Some New Year's 'Resolves'

A new perspective on 'New Year's Resolutions'
189

Every year we come up with pretty much, the same resolutions. “I’m going to go to the gym more”, “I’m going to eat better” …the list goes on forever! Coming into this new year, I want you to think about what you can only promise yourself, and what you can do to “close doors” that were left open from the last year. This New Year’s, try and make some ‘resolves’ rather than 'resolutions'.

1. Get on good terms with someone.

It can either be a falling out with someone, or a bad break up, or just for some crazy reason something ended with someone, it is always the right thing to do to become on good terms with them. It shows that you care, and it shows your true character (which is something people really can envy).

2. Take care of something you have been meaning to take care of.

We all have that one project or task that we keep on putting off. Like those halfway done paintings you have? Finish them! That storage room you have been dreading to continue on, finish it! You will have a weight off your shoulders when you do.

3. Pay off your debts.

This is a sticky one to say because debt can take forever to pay off, but if you have been meaning to return something that you have been borrowing forever, or owe a friend some amount of money, pay it back. Or, if someone did something very kind to you, and you are ‘in their debt’, then you should do something for them in return.

It’s always relieving when the New Year comes around, because we all have a fresh start at something. With solving our problems from the past, as well as making resolutions to better ourselves in the future, we are bound to become better versions of ourself each and every day.