Solving The Summer Slump

Solving The Summer Slump

Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today.

40
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/06/03/636636589826838630-576823773_IMG_7185.jpg

Each summer it seems like, after the first couple weeks, you run out of ideas of what to do. I always loved the show Phineas and Ferb because they had the BEST summer ever! I envied the creative things they came up with to make the summer fun. While I am pretty sure you won't be able to make crazy cool inventions, there are some ideas I have that may cure your summer slump!

1. Go hammocking

Hammocks can run from $19.99-$100+ depending on the brand, but they're available at most stores and are easy to use! Hammocking in a local park is fun and relaxing.

2. Visit The Children's Museum

Don't let the title fool you- just because of it says it is for Children doesn't mean you can't have fun and enjoy the museum! It has plenty of exhibits and is a great time for all ages.

3. Go to a Local Winery or Brewery

I love to check out wineries and breweries in and near my hometown! Take a friend and expand your drink palette by trying new wines or beers.

4. Flix Brewhouse

Going to dinner and a movie with a friend or your SO? Instead of hitting up two places go to Flix! Flix is located in Carmel, Indiana, and serves you food, drinks, or even a classic popcorn while you watch your movie! On Wednesdays, Flix does $5.25 movies!

5. $5 movie Tuesdays

If you want to skip the meal for a movie, AMC Cinemas is doing $5 movie Tuesdays this summer! Check out new movies this season without breaking the bank.

6. Bike Around Your Town/The Monon Center

I just got a brand new bike and I am so pumped to cycle around town! If you like to bike and want to explore new places, bring your bike to the Monon and enjoy the amazing trails all over Carmel!

7. Concerts at Ruoff Home Mortgage Center (aka Klipsch) ((aka Verizon))

If you're like me, you grew up seeing concerts in the summer at Ruoff! I especially love the country concerts. Going to an outdoor concert is what makes summer complete!

8. Make a Summer Reading List

I love to read leisurely, but I never have the time during a busy semester between classes, studying, and working. Summer is the break from the chaos and allows me the chance to read several good books. Make a list and read some new novels this summer!

9. Visit King's Island or Cedar Point

As a kid, my mom would take my sister and me to King's Island several times during the summer. I love roller coasters!! King's Island and Cedar Point have great coasters. Take a road trip to either location for a fun summer adventure!

10. Tackle a Home Project

The school year eliminates that extra time to work on projects around your apartment or home. So use the free time in summer to work on a DIY project or cross a household project off your list!

11. Try a New Recipe

Much like summer days tend to get repetitive, so does my diet. I get used to making the same meals over and over. When you're lost on what to do, check out Pinterest or a good cookbook for a new recipe to try.

Summer doesn't have to be the same old same, so if you get stumped on what to do check off this list! H.A.G.S.!