Social Media Attacking: Trump Edition

Social Media Attacking: Trump Edition

We must come together as a whole nation; one body and one heart.

5

It’s no surprise that trump won the U.S. presidency election, in fact, it was highly predictable. I saw it coming, yet was still alarmed Wednesday morning when it was confirmed that Trump had been elected president. Although I myself am a democrat, I had little to no faith that Hillary was going to become elected as the first woman leader of the free world. For some reason, America believes that having a candidate accused of improper usage of personal email accounts, (which was never confirmed by the way) is much worse than a candidate accused of raping a 13-year-old girl, even if it was decades ago. Did Clinton really send out and receive internationally corrupt messages? Maybe, maybe not. Call me naive, but what's so unlawful of wanting to use personal email accounts on a phone per convenience? Did Trump actually rape this 13-year-old girl in the 90’s? It’s highly unlikely, considering that it wasn’t brought to attention until he was in the running to become president. The point is, whether a republican or democrat, it’s obvious that neither Clinton or Trump were the ideal candidates for the U.S. presidency title. The country voted Trump, so that’s who we got.

What needs to stop is the hate, the disrespect, the violence, and the bullying. It’s impossible to venture onto any form of social media without burning your eyes on some sort of presidential-related debate. There are posts about Hillary and there are posts about Trump. Everyone in this country has earned a right to an opinion, however America is doing it all wrong. To exercise a belief is one thing, but to boast a system of beliefs to people that hold a foreign view, implying that they are ignorant and have a weak political background is absurd. For Trump supporters to rip Clinton supporters to shreds since their candidate won and ours didn’t, it just goes to show how uneducated they really are. Same goes for Clinton fans that bug on Trump electors, arguing that Trump is a sexist bigot who is politically ignorant and egocentric. Overall, I land on both sides; I can visualize why there are Trump supporters vs. Clinton supporters. It’s clear to me why each candidate may be liked or disliked. This being said, I know my boundaries when expressing my opinion, especially online.

Although I don’t 100 percent believe with Trump and the republican party as a whole, I’ve accepted that this is America’s reality. I’m not denying that I see Trump as an immature, disrespectful, racist, sexist pig with an extremely poor political background in comparison to Clinton. However, I’m biting my tongue. If the universe didn’t want Trump to win, why would he end up with a higher electoral college count? Clearly, Hillary wasn’t supposed to be the first female president, and us democrats need to hold to that truth and get the heck over it. For the republicans: we get it, your guy won. Just because he won the presidential election doesn’t mean democrats are in the wrong and are unknowledgeable of what’s best for our country.

What really is the best for the country? The beauty of politics is, we don’t know. It’s time for republicans and democrats to mesh together and form as one. We need to find the balance of equality and harmony between our country and its citizens, ultimately making the U.S. the best nation it could be through nurture and respect. If somehow this article breezes its way into Trump’s line of vision, I want to say one thing. Donald- I did not vote for you, and I sure as hell don't want you in office. Despite these things, I am with you. I do not agree with many of your beliefs in regards to various races and sexualities, your attitude and actions towards women, your orange ass tan, your intonation, or your hairline. Regardless, you are the face of my country, and for as long as you keep U.S. citizens safe, I will stand behind you, and not bitch about it on the internet. Readers: please promise me you'll do the same, regardless of your political party. Refrain from negatively commenting on others' posts about their views and beliefs, and please turn your strong shoulders when threatened by somebody who does so to you, as opposed to fueling a cyber political fire. We must stand as a whole; together as one nation. We need it now more than ever.