Position: Social & Growth Intern

Location: New York, NY

Odyssey is a Gen Z and young Millennial opinion-sharing platform that endeavors to facilitate positive impact through authentic and meaningful discourse.We facilitate this by providing:

• A constructive space for anyone to share and discover authentic perspectives.
  • The resources Creators need to become more effective storytellers.
  • Next-step opportunities for everyone to respond and take action.

Launched digitally in 2014 and headquartered in New York City, Odyssey is a technology company that initiates over 7,000 authentic conversation-starters a month from an active creator base of over 2,500. Odyssey's website reached 105 million people in 2018 (publishing nearly 1 million pieces of content to-date from 126,000 Creators) and currently indexes #1 (comScore 2019) compared to all major competitive Gen Z + Millennial female digital publishing properties in the market.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Odyssey is seeking a creative, driven, and organized Social & Growth Intern to assist our Social and Growth team. In this role, you will work with our Social and Growth Manager and the broader editorial team to grow the engagement across our owned social channels.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Assist the Social and Growth Manager to ensure all owned social channels are active and growing.
  • Create assets (graphics, videos, written copy) to be used on our owned social channels.
  • Assist in the coordination and execution of social campaigns.
  • Monitor and analyze data from our owned social accounts and assist in the development of data-driven social strategy.
  • As needed, create in-house editorial and/or social content to be featured on Odyssey.
  • Understand and effectively communicate Odyssey's brand and key value proposition to users and partners.
  • Be an advocate for Odyssey's brand both inside and outside the office.

QUALIFICATIONS:

• Experience social media marketing in a digital media/publishing environment, with a focus on young Millennial and Gen Z audiences
  • A firm understanding of social platforms that young millennials/Gen Z users are active on (Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, etc.)
  • Availability 10-15 hours per week
  • Must be based in the Greater New York City area or be able to commute
  • Bachelor's degree in a related field is a plus

At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plan, and generous Time Off. All benefits are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.

Read more about us at https://www.theodysseyonline.com

Interested parties should email resumes to careers@theodysseyonline.com