9 Ideas To Keep You Busy During Your Coronavirus Quarantine

Wash your hands, avoid mass gatherings, and stay safe.

18
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-sleeping-on-sofa-with-throw-pillows-989088/

In the past week, we have experianced drastic changes in our lives. Schools and universities have shut down, important events have been cancelled, hospitals are filling up, social interaction has been minimized, and fear is developing. During this time, it is vital to practice social distancing. Here are some ideas to keep you busy during this period of isolation.

Deep Clean Your Room

bedroom, clean

https://unsplash.com/photos/vhztm9QC0L0

Use this break as an opportunity to completely rearrange your room. Wash your bed sheets, switch out your bedding, move your desk to the other side of your room, hang up a painting, and declutter. Personally, I love printing out pictures from Pinterest that fit my aesthetic and I put them up on my walls and door.

Workout at Home

workout, weights

https://unsplash.com/photos/__QqvTI5Edc

Use this break to acheive your fitness goals. You do not need to have a gym or workout equipment in your house to do this. All you need is some motivation and a post-workout smoothie. There are an endless amount of workout videos on YouTube that you can use to get started.

Karaoke

singing, mic

https://unsplash.com/photos/Fn5ppkNYTAo

Music is a great way to rejunvinate and revitalize the mind and soul. Google the lyrics to a song you love, and just sing your heart out for a few hours. It's a great way to kill time.

Cook Up Some New Recipes

cooking, stirring

https://unsplash.com/photos/APDMfLHZiRA

Personally, I spend way too much time in my kitchen especially during breaks, hunting for food to eat. I often use random ingredients laying around in your pantry to create an unique recipe or try a weird food combination. The app "Tasty" has a large variety of sweet and savory dish recipes.

Get Ahead In The Semester

notebook, schoolwork

https://unsplash.com/photos/bKSMXbqGN24

If you are in high school, review for the AP exams and finals. AP exams are still being administered in May, so make sure to thoroughly review over all previous material, so you can receive college credit for your course. Both university and high school students should stay on pace with their online learning plan.

Revamp Old Clothes

sweater, clothes

https://unsplash.com/photos/jlo7Bf4tUoY

Since we are all stuck at home, and most malls are closed down due to the virus, we can't buy a new wardrobe for spring. Instead, we can transform old clothes into something we would wear on an everyday basis. I had multiple jumpsuits that looked good at the top, but were too long at the bottom, so I cut the top part off and hemmed the bottom edge.

DIY Haircut

hair, ombre

https://unsplash.com/photos/l2-Pr655Dz8

This one is a bit risky, but sometimes boredom makes you do crazy things. Use haircut scissors and a mirror to cut your hair as evenly as possible. Then, spritz lemon juice on the ends of your hair and go out into the sun for a few minutes. Your hair will be visibly lighter after washing off the lemon juice.

Implement Organizational Methods

notes, organization

https://unsplash.com/photos/rH8O0FHFpfw

Once school or college resumes, you will have a go-to organizational method that you can rely on for the remainder of the academic year. Organizational methods can also be used for items such as makeup and random items laying around the house. Gather cups and boxes from around your house, paint them, and use them for storage purposes.

Facetime Friends

laptop, headphones

https://www.pexels.com/photo/photography-of-woman-using-laptop-1181681/

Staying at your house for weeks at a strech without any social interaction can take a toll on your mental health. Its important to stay connected with the important people in your life.