So You Had A Bad Day

So You Had A Bad Day

As told by Meredith Grey and Cristina Yang

30
So You Had A Bad Day

You failed an exam, were late to work, cracked your phone screen, burned your dinner, the list goes on and on. Sometimes life just gets the best of you and you feel like you should crawl back into bed before another thing goes wrong. When it rains, it pours, but remember that only you are responsible for making a rainbow appear at the end of the storm. Take it from Meredith Grey and Cristina Yang from the television series Grey's Anatomy: These two have definitely had their share of bad day as surgical interns, residents, and attendings. Here are a few things that you should remember while life is kicking you when you're down:

You're not alone.

Call your family or hang out with your friends when you're having a rough day. They can help take your mind off of things for a minute, hour, or however long you need. These people love you the most and want to see you shine, but they are also there for you when things aren't going your way. Your support system is definitely something to fall back on to turn your day or week around.

Count your blessings, not your troubles.

This is may seem difficult in the midst of troubled times, but it will help bring your thoughts back to the positive side. It doesn't mean you shouldn't acknowledge the things that are going on in your life, but you should take time to focus on what's going well for you.

You're allowed to let it all out (in a healthy way).

Scream into a pillow, cry until you fall asleep, vent to your dog, beat up a punching bag, or do whatever you need to do to let out your frustrations. Just make sure you do so in a healthy way that doesn't hurt someone in the process. You may feel better afterwards when you let your stressful moments get the best of you.

Keep on keeping on.

It's important to keep moving forward instead of dwelling. This may sound corny, but "this too shall pass" really does holding meaning if you continue to keep trying. Focus on the future and the positive things that it holds for you. Work hard, learn from your mistakes, and keep calm, after all, you're doing the best you can.

If none of these ideas are of any help to you, try doing one of these to take your mind off of things:

1. Take a coloring break.
2. Go for a walk.
3. Listen to your favorite songs.
4. Bake or cook something you've always wanted to try.
5. Or go to your favorite restaurant for dinner.
6. Have a drink (or two).

7. Pop in your feel-good flick.
8. Get some exercise.
9. Or be a couch potato.
10. Put a little too much fabric softener in your laundry.
11. Pay it forward. Good things will come.
12. Do a puzzle.
13. Put on your comfies and just lie down.

14. Pet a dog or cat.
15. Go on (mini) shopping spree.
16. Google "cute baby animals."
17. Make a new Pinterest board.
18. Treat yoself to your favorite scented candle.
19. Dance in your underwear (like a 30 second Grey's dance party).

20. Call your grandma/bestie/aunt/sister/dad. Or whoever makes you smile.
21. Take a nap. You earned it.
22. Take a bubble bath.
23. Read funny articles online.
24. Pick a direction, get in your car, and drive. You'll be surprised with what you find.
25. Have a night in with your friends.

26. Turn off all technology and have a day just for you.
27. Distract yourself by cleaning.
28. Play a board or card game.
30. Pay it forward. Good things will come.
31. Look at pictures of McDreamy, McSteamy, or some other person you find attractive.
32. Breathe. Just breathe.