5 Reasons I'm SO Over Winter, And SO Ready For Summer To Get Here Already

Summer needs to hurry up into my life.

352
Instagram

For those of us unfortunate souls who live in New York during the winter, we know just how brutal it can get. It's freezing one day, warm the next, and blizzard conditions after that. Its not until basically June that we finally are lucky enough to get the truly warm, beautiful weather that we crave for all year long.

Summer time.

Here are a few reasons why I'm so ready for summer:

1. Clothes

This might just be me, but I feel about 100 times uglier in the winter. I'm literally always cold, so all I want to wear is sweats. All. The. Time. Now, this is definitely not a cute look. In the Summer, you have a lot more versatility in what you can wear. You can wear skirts, dresses, shorts, tees, tanks, sneakers, sandals, you name it. There's significantly more options. Not to mention, summer clothes are way cuter than winter clothes in general. I am so ready to not look homeless every day, just saying.

2. Tanning

Warm weather means tanning weather! YAY. Well, tan for me is not very dark since I'm basically ghostly pale in the winter. But, color is color! Not to mention, nothing says summer like laying out by the beach on a breezy day with the sun beating down on your skin.

3. Free time

Any college student will tell you that life is pretty hectic during the school year. Between activities, class, homework, and part-time work, it's hard to find a moment to breathe. But, fear not! Summer is coming, and that means we can finally have a few months to relax. We deserve it.

4. Beach/city trips

Living on Long Island in the summer is truly a blessing in disguise. We are lucky enough to be literally surrounded by water. This means we have a ton of beaches to choose from throughout the season that are not too far from home. Also, our location puts us about an hour away from the greatest city in the world, New York! Summer in New York City is one of my favorite things ever, and I cannot wait to do some more exploring once the warm weather hits.

5. Nice weather

As I mentioned earlier, New York winters are pretty brutal. Nor'easter after Nor'easter after Nor'easter. Everyone has just about had enough of it. I know I'm over here counting down the days until I can feel warm again and not have to worry about snow ruining my day! Warm weather needs to enter my life ASAP.