An Easy Guide To A Snow Day Workout

An Easy Guide To A Snow Day Workout

Simple at home exercises to do when you can't get to the gym on a snow day, or any day.
42

Snow days can be a nice time to take it easy and relax... but they don't mean you HAVE to take a rest day! If you want to get in a workout on a snow day, here are some at home exercises you can do!

1. Tricep Dips

All you need is a chair! Put your palms on the seat with your fingertips facing your back and lower your butt towards the floor. Try 10-15 repetitions for 3 sets!

2. Push Ups

These can be done on your knees or toes. Keep your hands just outside your shoulders, brace your core, and lower your chest to the floor. Try 10-15 repetitions for 3 sets!

3. Bicycle Crunches

Lie on your back. Bring your shoulder towards your opposite knee as you extend your other leg. This will engage your abdominal muscles and obliques! Try 20 repetitions for 3 sets.

4. Squats

Have your feet just outside shoulder width. Sink your hips back and down to about knee level and squeeze your glutes together as you come back up to the top. Try 20 repetitions for 3 sets!

5. Squat Jumps

These are just a little more intense! Start in a squat and swing your arms up as you jump. Land softly on your feet and lower right back into a squat. Try 10-15 repetitions for 3 sets!

7. Walking Lunges

Keep your hands on your hips. Take a big step forward, lower your knee towards the ground, come back up, and do it again on the other side. Try 20 repetitions for 2 sets!

8. Scissor Jumps

These are kind of like lunges in jump form. Lunge on one side, jump while switching legs, and land in a lunge on the other side. Try 20 repetitions for 2 sets!

9. Flutter Kicks

Lie on your back with your hands underneath your butt or at your sides and flutter kick your legs to engage the core. Try 30 repetitions for 2 sets!

10. Jumping Jacks

Do I really have to explain this one? Try 25 repetitions for 4 sets!

11. Planks

These can be done on your knees or toes. Place your forearms on the floor with your elbows under your shoulders. Brace your core and hold the positions. Aim for 30-60 seconds for 3 repetitions.

12. Side Planks

Now turn to the side and balance on one forearm and knee or foot. Extend the other arm to the ceiling. Try to hold the position for 30-45 seconds for 3 repetitions on each side!

13. Donkey Kicks

Come onto your hands and knees. Keeping your knee bent at a 90 degree angle, extend one leg back so that your thigh becomes parallel to the floor. Try 20 repetitions on each side for 2 sets!

14. Russian Twists

Find your balance on your tailbone area and lift your feet off the floor. Twists from side to side, keeping your arms extended. Try 20 repetitions for 3 sets!

15. Burpees

These are everyone's favorite! Start in a plank position but on your hands rather than forearms. Jump your feet to you chest and explode upward, raising your arms to the ceiling. Go right back down (add a push up if you can) and do it again! Try 5-10 repetitions for 3 sets!

16. Invisible Jump Rope

Get the cardio up by pretending to jump rope - or actually jump rope if you have one! Try to go for 2 minutes in between some of the strength exercises!

17. Mountain Climbers

Keep your hands on the floor underneath your shoulders. Then bring your knee to your chest, alternating legs each time. Try 20 repetitions for 3 sets!

18. Hip Bridges

Lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor, about a hips distance apart. Squeeze your glutes together and push through your heels as you raise your hips toward the ceiling. Hold the position at the top for a few seconds and then lower your butt back to the ground. Try 15 repetitions for 3 sets.

19. Calf Raises

Stand on a step on the balls of your feet. Lower your heels down toward the lower step and then raise back up. These can be done single leg to make it more challenging. Try 15 repetitions for 3 sets.

20. Reverse Crunch

Put your hands underneath your butt or at your sides on the floor. Bend your knees at a 90 degree angle. Bring your knees in slightly towards your chest and lift your tailbone off the floor. Try 15 repetitions for 2 sets!