This Is Why Snapchat Ruins Lives

This Is Why Snapchat Ruins Lives

Yet we still use it every day.
263

This isn't a surprise.It's been happening for years. Snapchat is ruining society.

When you at a social gathering everyone is on their phones. We don't just text anymore, we have to send our face with the message. Sometimes we put a filter on our face or cute animal ears. We send videos that play once (maybe twice) and then disappear forever. Why are we so fascinated with this platform?

We want everyone to see what an amazing time we are having. It has become an addiction to share everything we are doing. Every hour of the day, we feel the need to share what is going on RIGHT NOW. We feel the need to make people feel like they are missing out because they are not there. Every Snapchat user that says that isn't true is lying.

Let me tell you, I have been on both sides of the evil in Snapchat.

I have sat at home on Saturday night in my own pity party because I see all my Snapchat "friends" out having a good time. I feel left out and excluded. I get sad and then I just get annoyed. I feel like I am not good enough or meet their standards of their friendship. It's a hard feeling and we've all felt that way at some point.

Then I've also been the one that just posts every second of my day so EVERYONE could see how awesome of a day it's been. I will be honest, I have used Snapchat to show off my day and yeah sometimes I post too much. I don't do it to purposely tick people off. I hadn't done it out of spite or to make anyone upset, even if a few people "unfriended" me after the day was done.

Either way, I still woke up the next day and moved on.

Snapchat has become a constant responsibility to maintain. It's become tiring. It's become too much. I feel like people in my generation are staring more at their phones rather than taking in all the places they are and the people they are with. Who cares what Janet from middle school is doing anymore? You don't need her play-by-play day. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram has enough status updates and being up to date with "friends" compared to breathing down someone's day in Snapchat.

Unfortunately, this is not going to stop any of us from using Snapchat. Snapchat is entertaining. Snapchat makes us cute. I am tired of Snapchat filtering my life. I am putting Snapchat down for awhile. I'll let you know when I come back, but I think my Snapchat "friends" will know right away.