From The Small Town Girl Who Dreams of Life In An Even SMALLER Town

Dreaming of life in a smaller than small town.
83

What do you picture your future living arrangements as? A loft in NYC, a cozy apartment in LA, or maybe an older house in STL? These are just some examples of the big city living type, but this is nothing like I picture my future living arrangements.

I don't want to live in a cramped apartment, I don't want to live in a big, noisy city, I don't want to live where it's heavily populated. Instead, I want to live in a nice home way outside of city limits. You know? The ones down 5 different backroads, the ones down some gravel roads, the ones that have tons of land. I want to live out in the country where it's quiet and peaceful.

I want to live out in the country where my neighbors are at least a mile down the road. I want to live in a country house that has a nice front porch that wraps around and I have some rocking chairs sitting outside there. I don't want to live in a neighborhood, I don't want to live in a heavily populated area, I want to live somewhere with the peace and quiet. Somewhere that I don't have to deal with other people constantly, somewhere that is a cozy place to live.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having neighbors, but I don't want to be living right next to someone. Have you ever drove around a subdivision and looked at the distance from one house to the other? It's pretty small sometimes and why would people want to live like that?

Why you all are living in your small apartments and your cramped neighborhoods, I'll be living in a house out in the country with peace and quiet.