Subscribe to our
Happy Moments to Brighten Your Day!
As any other person on this planet, it sometimes can be hard to find the good in things. However, as I have always tried my hardest to find happiness in any and every moment and just generally always try to find the best in every situation, I have realized that your own happiness is much more important than people often think. Finding the good in any situation can help you to find happiness in some of the simplest and unexpected places.
Many people often think that happiness can be found by creating the largest social media pool, trying to be someone that they are not in order to be accepted or even having the nicest car or the biggest house. But happiness does not come from these material or “fake” things. It comes from strong connections with people you love, having gratitude and consideration for the people around you and finding happiness in the most unexpected and often overlooked places.
Constantly reminding yourself that your happiness is one of the most important things and sometimes having to put your happiness first is something that should be happening every day. Personally, my happiness comes from thousands of things ranging from reading a book all the way to vacationing to the ocean and everything in between. Also, I find happiness in the happiness of others and seeing others in content, but this also sometimes means that I do not put my happiness first.
Everyone has their flaws and many people are like me—forgetting to put their happiness before others. Therefore, in order to give you just a simple idea of how easy it is to find happiness in the smallest of places, here are 100 reminders of happiness that surround you each and every day. This list also purposes for each of you to think of your own reminders that make you happy and to tell yourself that your happiness is important and that you should always find happiness in every situation in the most unexpected places.
- You are loved by more than you could ever imagine.
- You have a home.
- Flowers are blooming around you.
- Summer is closer than it has been all year.
- You talked to someone you love today.
- You are beautiful.
- Listening to the rain hit the roof when you fall asleep.
- Freshly mowed grass.
- Watching the stars at night.
- Someone in your life wants you to be happy.
- You have food to eat and water to drink.
- Chocolate is still existing.
- There are dogs to pet and to cuddle with.
- You are talented and have a special talent that no one else knows about.
- Listening to music.
- One Direction.
- You are able to help someone.
- Volunteering for a charity.
- Sitting on a dock.
- Taking pictures with your best friends.
- Going to a cabin.
- You have cute clothes to wear every day.
- Someone said, “Hi” to you today.
- Someone thinks you are the most important person in their life.
- Someone looks up to you.
- You have a job or some other commitment.
- You believe in something.
- Someone believes in you.
- Listening to the birds chirping outside.
- Finding a dandelion in the middle of a grassy lawn.
- Starbucks is a thing.
- You have or will see the Northern Lights.
- Vacations or camping or nights out.
- Spontaneous road trips.
- You can do anything that you set your mind to.
- You believe in someone else.
- Warm, melty chocolate chip cookies.
- You matter.
- Chicken noodle soup when you are sick.
- Grey’s Anatomy/One Tree Hill/Gossip Girl.
- Freshly cleaned sheets.
- You have dreams and goals.
- You are inspiring.
- You are inspired by something or someone else.
- Bright colored daisies.
- Reading your favorite book over and over again.
- Coming home and changing into an over-sized sweatshirt and leggings.
- Going out and dressing up.
- But feeling confident in both.
- Sleeping in on Sunday mornings.
- Getting up to watch the sunrise.
- Surprising someone or being surprised.
- Art museums.
- Good nights and good morning’s.
- Laughing, laughing, laughing.
- Making someone else laugh.
- Board games.
- Rainy days.
- Sunny days.
- You are vibrant and radiant.
- Bare feet in the sand.
- Highlighting quotes in your favorite books.
- Seeing others happy.
- Seeing couples holding hands.
- Your mother, father, sister, brother, grandpa, grandma, aunt, uncle, cousins, etc.
- Putting your music on shuffle and having your favorite song come on first.
- Did I mention One Direction?
- Oh, and Beyoncé.
- Saltwater and sea shells.
- Loving something or someone with the strongest passion.
- Being the only one on the court/field/track/ice.
- Feeling invincible.
- Conquering one of your fears.
- Listening to someone’s heartbeat.
- Talking to someone about their favorite things or memories.
- Disney movies.
- God, Jesus and your faith.
- Girls’/Guys’ night.
- Airports and airplanes.
- Acing a hard test or failing and learning from it.
- Sleeping with the window open.
- Being there for someone no matter what.
- Trusting someone.
- You are the best at something.
- You are someone’s best friend.
- Chocolate still exists.
- You can move mountains.
- Your happiness is the most important.
“Where are you Christmas? Why can’t I find you?”
It’s everyone’s favorite time of year. Christmastime is a celebration, but have we forgotten what we are supposed to be celebrating? There is a reason the holiday is called Christmas. Not presentmas. Not Santamas. Not Swiftmas. Christmas.
What many people forget is that there is no Christmas without Christ. Not only is this a time to spend with your family and loved ones, it is a time to reflect on the blessings we have gotten from Jesus. After all, it is His birthday.
The whole point of presents is not to be about receiving, it is about giving. Giving to those we love to put a smile on their face. But in today's society, it has become all about the materialistic receiving of gifts. People scoff at a homemade gift, and long for a PlayStation or another expensive purse that they don't really need. We live in an age where 3 year olds have iPads, and teenagers stare more at a screen than their actual surroundings. We are constantly entertained, and therefore forget to acknowledge the reason this holiday was created to begin with. Gifts tend to be exchanged rather than given and expected rather than hoped for. We need to be reminded that a gift is a privilege and a blessing, not a right. Jesus gave his life without expecting anything in return, so why can't we give a coffee mug without expectations of receiving a present in return?
Taylor Swift's Gift Giving of 2014 | SWIFTMAS2014 was the year of many wonderful things for Taylor and her fans. Shortly after the massively success release of 1989, fans on ...
Recently, Taylor Swift tried to trademark the term “Swiftmas.” Don’t get me wrong, I love Taylor Swift as much as the next girl, but she is no Jesus Christ. Taking the Christ out of Christmas takes the meaning out of the holiday. I understand that she is using the term for her giving presents to some of her fans, but that makes her Santa, not Jesus. Her generosity is admirable, but she is making it about herself, rather than the giving spirit.
It is sad to me that people feel that something as menial as a Starbucks cup represents Christmas, and the religious, the Christian, part of Christmas is completely disregarded. No holiday should be about a coffee cup, and if it is to you, you might want to reevaluate your morals. Who cares if the cup doesn't say "Merry Christmas?" December 25th will still come, you will still see the Chreasters (people who only go to church at Christmas and Easter) at the Christmas Eve service, and you will still be able to celebrate a wonderful holiday with your wonderful family.
Named for their heart of gold
Anyone who knows me knows how much I adore my dog. I am constantly talking about my love for her. I attribute many of my dog's amazing qualities to her breed. She is a purebred Golden Retriever, and because of this I am a self-proclaimed expert on why these are the best pets a family could have. Here are 11 reasons why Goldens are the undisputed best dog breed in the world.
1. They are beautiful!!golden retriever on gray rock during daytimePhoto by Enis Yavuz on Unsplash
If you don't know a thing about Goldens, you at least know how beautiful they are. Their shiny, long-haired coat is a distinct trait that ranges from a very white, cream color all the way to deep red. Their dark noses, fluffy ears, and deep brown eyes make them a sight to fall in love with.
2. They are extremely gentle.woman in black t-shirt and brown shorts sitting on brown grass field with white dogPhoto by Helena Lopes on Unsplash
It is a true fact that a Golden Retriever can hold an egg in its mouth without breaking it. Their nurturing nature and calm demeanor is a very comforting quality that makes Goldens a joy to be around.
3. Goldens are very easy to train.adult golden retriever with cookie bone on nosePhoto by McDobbie Hu on Unsplash
While they may be stubborn dogs, they are incredibly easy to train. This is mostly because they are people pleasers at heart! (And they'll do anything to earn themselves a little treat for being a good doggy!)
4. They love to cuddle!a woman kissing her dog on the cheekPhoto by Nicholas Brownlow on Unsplash
This may come as a shock to Goldens, but they are not lap dogs. While they may like to think its okay to lay on their human's lap and cuddle, they don't realize that eighty pounds of pure fluff can be a little harder to cuddle with. Even if they can be huge, cuddling with Goldens is worth the pain.
5. Goldens are America's favorite family pet.golden retriever lying on floorPhoto by Eugene Chystiakov on Unsplash
Golden Retriever's make the best family pet. They are very patient and loving with babies and kids, and their love knows no bounds. Every person in the house is apt to adore their Golden, and their Golden is just as likely to love their family as well.
6. They love the water!golden retriever in water during daytimePhoto by Marina Helena Muller on Unsplash
Because they carry a heavy coat, the summer heat can be hard on Goldens. As a result, they are quite the swimmers. They love to play around in the water and feel the cool sensation on their long hair, as well as dropping all their toys in the pool and making you dive to the deep end to get them.
7. They are obviously very photogenic.golden retriever puppy on grey wooden fence during daytimePhoto by David Moynihan on Unsplash
As you can see, Golden Retrievers are very photogenic. They love to be the center of attention, and always want recognition. That means trying to get a great shot for the 'gram won't be a problem.
8. Goldens are super playful.golden retriever biting white and pink ballPhoto by Isaac Mehegan on Unsplash
Any time is play time! Goldens are professional fetchers. Whether it's a lacrosse ball, tennis ball, field hockey ball, soccer ball, or bowling ball-a golden will try to play with it. Except, sticks, leaves and other animals serve as great distractions to the great game of fetch.
9. There is no argument that they are the CUTEST puppies.selective focus photography of short-coated brown puppy facing right sidePhoto by Berkay Gumustekin on Unsplash
Golden Retriever puppies are essentially balls of fluff with big brown eyes that scream "hug me". The little rascals will get into anything, but its SO hard to say no with that little puppy dog face!
10. Golden are extremely loyal.man standing near Golden Labrador retriever viewing bridge and high-rise buildingsPhoto by Pontus Wellgraf on Unsplash
Goldens will lay by your side when you're sick in bed, they'll bark when a strange car pulls into your driveway, they'll even cry when you arrive home from the grocery store. No other dog shows so much affection and loyalty as a Golden.
11. A Golden Retriever will always love you more than you love them!golden retriever puppy on focus photoPhoto by Bill Stephan on Unsplash
To any Golden Retriever, you are their whole life, their whole world. They live for when you come home from work/school, and they grieve when you leave. Golden's are a gift sent from God as a reminder that there is good in the world-in the form of your dog.
Here are the gifts I would like to ask my boyfriend for to make this season unforgettable.
Recently, an article on Total Sorority Move called 23 Things My Boyfriend Better Not Get Me For Christmas, was going around on social media. I hope the author of this was kidding or using digital sarcasm, but I am still repulsed and shocked by the lack of appreciation throughout this article. I would like to represent the girlfriends out there who disagree with her standpoint -- the girlfriends who would be more than happy to receive any of these gifts from their boyfriends.
A girl could never have enough lotion or perfume. You could never go wrong with some Bath and Body Works.
Well, obviously, we're too young to get married, but if you bought me an expensive engagement ring, I would never ever expect you to spend any more money on me for an extra gift. 😉 🙊
How could I get mad at you for getting me a ring to show our love for each other? 💍
What is the difference between a promise ring and an engagement ring ?A couple of days back I received this question from a beautiful lady ! She asked and said “Tess ,what is the difference between a ...
Any sort of ring is expensive and thoughtful and I would most certainly wear it with the utmost appreciation.
Types of latest and trendy Rings with names||THE TRENDY GIRLring #latestringdesigns hey fam! Welcome back to my channel!! I hope you guys are doing well and staying safe! If you liked this ...
Not only are bras and underwear expensive, BUT any guy who braves going into Victoria's Secret by themselves deserves an award. LOL! 👀
6. Any kind of exercise gear
7. ...or any kind of clothing at all
I get you clothes sometimes, so it would be perfectly reasonable if I got some from you too. Again, any guy who braves any type of dreadful clothing store deserves an award too.
A girl can never have too much chocolate, and a guy who gets a girl chocolate obviously knows the way to her heart. 🍫
9. Anything that can't be exchanged for store credit
I love everything about your style, and since we even have similar style, I am sure I would love whatever you pick out.
Holiday Gift GIF by Dunkin’Giphy
10. A gift card
11. Something handmade
How adorable, nice, thoughtful and utterly fantastic it would be if you gave me something handmade. It would surely be a present I would never forget and keep forever.
Cute and easy DIY gifts for couplesdiy #handmade #art #homedecor #n #design #craft #doityourself #love #woodworking #crafts #home #interiordesign #diyprojects ...
Walking to class in winter is never fun, more gloves would be much appreciated.
13. Fake earrings
To be honest, I would much rather you get me fake earrings than spend way too much on diamonds.
14. A picture
Any picture you would give me, whether it's of us or you or a place we've been, I would hold very close to my heart.
15. A watch
Again, why would I be mad if you got me a watch? Another perfectly reasonable gift that I would be more than happy to receive.
Michael Kors Women's Pyper Stainless Steel Quartz Watch with Stainless-Steel-Plated Strap, Rose Gold, 16 (Model: MK3897)
16. Anything you also bought your ex
How would I know every present you got for an ex-girlfriend? You may think we know. Trust us, we don't.
Another expensive brand that I would be more than grateful to have.
18. A book
As an avid book nerd, I would be more than happy to receive a book. That's a golden gift in my eyes.
City of Thieves: A Novel
A jersey, comfy sweatshirt or sports team t-shirt I would definitely put to great use.
New York Yankees Women's Ballpark Distressed V-Neck T-Shirt (as1, Alpha, m, Regular, Regular) Navy
Maybe even fuzzy socks? Is this Heaven? 🧦
21. Donations to charity
How could I get mad at you for donating to charity? Someone who gives back to the community, especially during the holidays, is a true angel.
22. Stuffed animals
Bringing out our inner child is something we both can't hold back from. Having a soft, stuffed animal to cuddle with when you're not there is a perfect solution. 🧸
Aurora® Playful Pompom Penguin™ Mini Stuffed Animal - Vibrant Companions - Endless Fun - Gray 6 Inches
And I would still love you. 🥰
All in all, my point is that any gift that is given should be greatly appreciated by whoever is receiving it. Whether it's from your boyfriend, best friend or parents -- knowing that someone gave their thoughts and spent their hard-earned money to get you something is more than enough. Remember to thank those who gave you gifts this year during the holidays.
Odyssey may earn a portion of purchases made via links on this page.
The highlights of your childhood.
The 2000s were a time that many young adults today can look back on, joyfully reminisce and somewhat cringe at the trends and the fads that we all used to love and adore. Here's a list of things from the golden 2000s that will have one feeling nostalgic about all of those times.
One of the best candies that always seemed to catch your eyes at grocery store checkouts, leaving you begging your parents to get one.
2. iPod Nanos
The coolest and most colorful way to download your favorite boy bands and Hannah Montana jams.
This magical shoe that made it fun to run errands with your parents.
4. Dance Dance Revolution.
The game that made the ultimate slumber party.
5. Silly Bandz
The more you had, the cooler you were.
6. "I love boobies" bracelets
The breast cancer bracelets that caused quite the controversy in middle schools.
7. Crimped hair
Because why wouldn't you want your hair to look as stylish as Lizzy McGuire's?
So stupid yet so funny.
9. Club penguin
You had the best pet puffles.
10. Skip Its.
Every garage had one.
11. Bratz Dolls and Polly Pockets.
What's better than oversized eyes and rubber clothing?
12. Baby Bottle Pops
Everyone's favorite cavity-causing candy.
Where you lied about your age to get on and frequently rearranged your "top friends" lists accordingly.
14. Abercrombie models
Pictures like these were hanging in your room or your Razor phone background if you are a girl, and your inspiration if you were a boy.
That creepy animal thing that everyone seemed to love.
16. Nerf guns
17. Game Cube
Where you played Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, and more.
18. Slip 'N' Slides
The most fun you've ever had took place on one of these things.
19. Easy Bake Ovens
Where real baking did not take place.
The sugary snack that fit perfectly in your lunch bag.
21. Nintendo DS
The life changing device you probably used to play Nintendogs.
22. Drake & Josh
You strived to be as cool as them.
A parent's worst clean-up nightmare.
24. The Sims 2
A legendary computer game.
25. Razor scooter
There was no cooler way to get around.
1. Brittany Morgan, National Writer's Society
2. Radhi, SUNY Stony Brook
3. Kristen Haddox, Penn State University
4. Jennifer Kustanovich, SUNY Stony Brook
5. Clare Regelbrugge, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign