11 Products To Incorporate Into Your Skincare Routine For Glowing & Clear Skin

It takes more than just "drinking water" to get clear skin.

17

Every year while making an ambitious and unrealistic New Year's resolution list, I always include "clear skin". I have struggled with acne for a few years, and after testing out almost every product on the shelf at Sephora, I have come up with a list of eleven holy grail products that have completely transformed my skin that you need to try ASAP:

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Mix equal parts of bentonite clay with apple cider vinegar in a non-metal bowl, and apply generously. This mask effectively pulls out toxins and dirt from beneath the skin. After 5-20 minutes (depending on your skin type), wash it off with warm water. Redness and dryness are common side effects, but they are usually only temporary.

Mario Bedescu Vitamin C Serum 

Vitamin C serum reverses signs of aging, reduces acne scars, and brightens an uneven complexion. Apply a few drops on clean skin every other night. Do not mix this product with other skincare products because the mixture may cause an unexpected reaction.

Rose Water

A refreshing and cooling spray that will leave your skin feeling hydrated with a subtle floral scent. Spritz this onto your skin after washing your face with a cleanser. Rose water can act as a moisturizer; if more hydration is needed, apply a layer of moisturizer.

Rosehip Seed Oil

Rosehip oil has similar benefits to Vitamin C serum. This natural and pleasantly scented facial oil is an essential to any skincare regimin.

Neutrogena Cream Cleanser

This gentle oil-free cleanser is perfect for those with combination or oily skin. Cream cleansers are more gentle than gel cleansers, so it may also be suitable for sensitive skin. It washes away dirt and oil without stripping the skin of its moisture.

Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Spot Treatment

The Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment effectively treats blemishes. If applies regularly, the appearance of acne will reduce. When applied, the gel goes deep down into the pore, and kills acne-causing bacteria.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

This moisturizer is different from every other one on the shelf, because it has a fast-absorbing gel consistency. Apply a thin layer to your face and neck for non-greasy hydration. It is alcohol, sulfate, SLS, and SLES free. The starting price is around 15 dollars for a small container.

Tatcha: The Water Cream

Enriched with Japanese nutrients, botanicals, and sources of hydration, this weightless and silky cream is perfect for all skin types but especially suitable for those with dry or sensitive skin.

Mario Bedescu Drying Lotion

Enriched with salicylic acid, calamine, and other effective ingredients that will shrink blemishes upon application. Use a cotton swab to apply a small amount on a blemish. Wash it off in the morning.

Clinique Acne Clearing Gel

This clearing gel is different from other spot treatments, because rather than drying out the skin, it creates a thin shiny layer over your blemishes. Apply this gel in the morning and night immediately after washing your face.

Lush: Cupcake Face Mask

This mud-mask reduces redness and calms breakouts. Due to the consistency of this mask, it is quite difficult to apply onto the skin. The chocolate-y scent with peppermint undertones make this mask irresistible.