6 Things No One Can Ever Make You Feel Bad About

No one should make you feel guilty because you are living your life, your way — and no one should tell your otherwise.

54
Casey Wheat

Have you ever had a conversation with someone, you mention something like eating a hamburger for lunch, and they turn up their nose? There are things in life we get heavily judged for doing. The truth is, they're probably things that no one has the right to make you feel guilty for doing or feel bad about.

1. Not moving on fast enough.

This really is a compliment more than anything when it takes someone a little bit for time to get over you, it means you made an impression. But no one should make you feel guilty because you didn't get over them overnight. In fact, it's been said that for every day you are with someone, it will take you that long to move on. If someone asks you why you haven't moved on yet, don't feel bad, it just means you actually have a heart that can feel. Its no biggy to take your time to move past a relationship. Don't rush it, though, there is no right or wrong answer for how long it takes to move on. Trust me, I would have wanted that equation a long time ago. Just go with the flow and eventually you won't even remember their name.

2. Trying to improve yourself.

It can be scary going to the gym for the first time in a while, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't go. Sometimes you just need put on headphones and forget your surroundings. Trust me, no one is paying attention to you and if they are, they probably aren't even working out, so who is the real winner? There is nothing wrong with starting to improve yourself, it's your life and you have the freedom to start whenever you please.

3. Putting yourself first.

There are a new trend and it's called self-love. It also kind of has a selfish demeanor behind it. There is nothing wrong with doing what is right for you. If you boyfriend is a jerk, dump him. If you really hate your job, quit it. Putting yourself first isn't selfish, its healthy. No one should ever be able to criticize you for doing something that you need to do for you.

4. Being single.

This is a big one in our society, so many people feel that they need to be in a relationship. That you are less of a person for not being in a relationship. Truth be told, you are probably way stronger because you can handle life on our own without someone there to hold your hand. You get to do what you want and be all excited about the cute guy at the party. Being single is great, and it's something that really helps you define who you are. No one can take that way or make you feel pressured to rush into a new relationship after a breakup.

5. Being busy.

Most college students go to school, have a job, and then they have all these extracurriculars while trying to balance a social life. Every once in a while there comes along someone who's the only responsibility is to deal with college and a social life. It must be great for them, but that doesn't mean someone who has a job is worse off than the nonjob-having-student. In reality, the person with the job is learning way more. They may work every Saturday night, but that doesn't mean they are lame for having a higher responsibility.

6. Speaking your mind

It's never a bad thing to opinionated. Maybe it does have a time and place, but don't ever let anyone get you down because you actually have an opinion. Your voice is one of the most powerful things you can use. They don't have to agree and they probably won't, but that doesn't mean you are wrong. Opinions are never wrong.