Now That "The Office" Is Officially Off Netflix, Here Are 5 Great Sitcoms To Watch Instead

Maybe something will fill that Michael Scott-shaped hole in your heart.

30

Like many others, when I saw the notice that "The Office" was leaving Netflix on December 31st, I was crushed. To me, it's everything a sitcom should be — goofy, heartfelt, and eternally rewatchable. I loved watching it with my family, and it quickly became a comfort show for me.

However, not all is lost! There are so many great shows that have characters as memorable as Michael, Dwight, and the rest of the gang, as well as one-liners that you'll love to quote. Plus, you can watch them all with your Netflix subscription!

1. "Arrested Development"

happy arrested development GIF Giphy

You guys, I do not know nearly enough people who love this show like I do. It is so absurd, hilarious, and genuinely clever. It follows a wealthy family that is brought together after their father is arrested and showcases all the chaos that ensues. I think the first three seasons, pre-Netflix-reboot are the best. Each character is wildly different, and they always find themselves in the most ridiculous situations. Plus, Michael Cera.

2. "Schitt's Creek"

alexis rose GIF by Schitt's Creek Giphy

"Schitt's Creek" is another show following the formerly-wealthy-now-disgraced family plot, but it's uniquely funny and charming. The Rose family is trying to figure out their new lives in a small town, which is both hilarious and endearing. You'll love Moira's outfits and Alexis and David's sibling interactions. Overall, it is a show about family and all the quirkiness that comes with it.

3. "New Girl"

new girl help GIF Giphy

I think that "New Girl" is so endearing because it captures the Millennial and Gen-Z experience of being confused with your life and finding yourself in weird situations, but having friends with you to make it more bearable. I love the characters so much, even with Schmidt's douche-y antics. After watching a few episodes, you'll wish you were living in the loft too.

4. "The Good Place"

High Five Season 4 GIF by The Good Place Giphy

"The Good Place" was created by Michael Schur, one of the writers for "The Office"! I think this is why it has the same sense of sarcastic yet warm humor, but in a totally unique setting. It takes place almost entirely in the afterlife, when Eleanor finds herself in a sort of heaven— except she shouldn't be there.

"The Good Place" will give you all the laughs of a typical sitcom, but it's philosophical and ethical questions are what makes it so memorable.

5. "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

unbreakable kimmy schmidt netflix GIF Giphy

If you're like me, and loved Erin on "The Office", then you'll probably also enjoy "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt". Ellie Kemper plays a similar character, someone who is sweet but often quite ditzy and confused easily. However, Kimmy has been held in a cult for 15 years, and has almost no idea about the outside world. It's wacky, but it's also so fun.