To My Sisters That Left Our Chapter, We're Still Family

Thank you for everything you gave to our sisterhood.
346

Our chapter is not the same without you. You are strong, powerful and independent women that worked hard to represent the Greek community well.

It is a privilege that I have been able to stay a member. My parents help me pay chapter dues, I haven't had academic struggles, and I have not had a conflict with women in our chapter.

It doesn't matter why you left, you're still my sister.

I have seen some of my best friends walk out the door. I haven't stayed in contact with you all like I should have. I got busy and didn't put the TLC into our relationships. I'm endlessly sorry for not showing you the steadfast love I promised to.

Sorority women are quick to say that we don't pay for friends.

If that's true, then the women who leave our chapter are not lesser than us. We should welcome them at fam nights and at big/little reveal. You're still our family.

Huge s/o to all the women that bring our former sisters as dates to chapter events. It feels "right" to have them there.

Sororities are expensive, time-consuming, and not always the most inclusive environment.

Running a chapter is like running a business. It doesn't come from a cold-hearted place, but our chapter takes money to operate. Trust me — the monthly rent for our chapter house is insane.

There are a lot of requirements in Greek Life. They keep our system in order, keep us involved in our communities, and push us to be better citizens. Not everyone has time to complete all of these extra requirements in addition to school and work.

There are so many barriers to enter into Greek life. Even once you're a member, it's not something everyone can afford. Someone's inability to pay for their membership is a shitty reason to exclude them from our chapter. But, as previously mentioned, sororities cost money to run.

Thank you for everything you've given to our chapter.

Ending your membership does not erase your service to our chapter. Thank you for all of the hours you poured into our sisterhood. If it was skipping a social event to attend a program to help us meet a requirement or working in an integral part of chapter leadership: Your time made an impact. Even if you can't see it.

I hope that you treasure your memories of our sisterhood. I know I do.

Delta love and mine,

Your sister