Sinner? Please Step To The Side, Please

Sinner? Please Step To The Side, Please

Story time about a recent experience of hypocrisy

9
Sinner? Please Step To The Side, Please
www.joshuadrinkwaterpt.com

I can only help to write about the things I know about, and I'm just lucky enough to have a lot of life experiences to share. This is based off of a situation that happened 24 hours ago but it just sat on my mind all day and I have to pick it apart.

So, two other friends and myself were out and exploring a city and decided to go shopping and end the night at a local hookah bar. We drove separate from another friend and we planned on meeting up with him toward the end of the night at the hookah bar. This person just happens to be a little more deeply rooted in his passion for Christianity. Mind you, the plan was to go to a hookah bar before we left our apartments. So we go to the hookah Bar and hang out, we tell the friend were we are and he begins to convince us to leave. Saying all sorts of things relating to how it's not his kind of place or whatever. Cool. I get it but here goes my general questions to you:

OK, we'll just start things from a general standpoint. If you sit there while the plans are made, why would you just agree then get upset about the already planned events?

I wasn't even upset about the fact that he didn't want to go but you don't have to make the people involved feel bad for what we do?

Now, I bring it back to the title. One, what is actually wrong with a hookah bar? But anyway, let's say there is something biblically wrong with a hookah bar, cool. If that is a sin, there is a sin in your reaction of judging us for what we do.

Situations like this are the reason I separated myself from believing in god and the Christian faith. It's a very common action for those in the Christian faith to make people who have issues feel uncomfortable for their issues. Sometimes even using that to seem as if they are better than others. Whether they Say it or not, it does seem so. I am a pretty good judge of character, or so I am told. Busy language and actions speak louder than any vocal projection can. It is an ongoing trait that I see and that actually makes my skin crawl. The idea of "checking yourself" has been removed from the world we live in. It's hard to find people in the Christian faith whom have their walks with God and their emotions and actions to people completely correct. If my mind serves me correct, the word of God all comes back to love of him and each other. I don't believe it comes back to judging and acting as if you are above me.

-A persons character is shown through their actions in life NOT where they sit on Sunday."

-Navonne Johns