Simple Wreck

Simple Wreck

Wreck
Like the shipwreck you see from a distance.
I am simple a wreck, but look closer, there are treasures embedded in me.
No gold, diamonds, or shimmery things. What can you see?
Doesn't look like much,
Iron, wood, chains all mangled and tangled.
Nothing beautiful, nothing new.
Look closer and you can see the strength that that I have the weather and storms I have endured.
I am a simple wreck, like the shipwreck you see from a distance.
Torn and battered rags that dance in the wind.
Pieces and parts of unrecognizable objects that are scattered about.
There is no rhyme or reason. Look closer you will see how important these tiny things might be.
Attract the curious,
They don't stay long
before you know it,
they are long gone.
Attract the scavengers, they stay only for a couple days take what they need and scurrying away.
Attract the tricksters, they are the wretched ones, that take the most,
from this wreck of a host.
They cloak and hide the bad intent deep down inside.
They dont take what they need. They are hungry for more, and more, and even more.
Most of the time down right dirty, just attention seeking whores.
They try to steal the tresures I hold dear,
the tiny peices the lovely gifts, that make me,
me!

But I am wise.I see beyond their disguise.

Look closer,
can you see the treasures embedded in me?
If you were here for any length of time,
You will see...
The collection of objects that bring back vague memories.

Our time together!

I was sneakyat times, stole or pack them away. I carefully placed them in a box. My tiny trinkets, my treasures, the things that remind me of us. All the brief adventers, life!

Exactly what we should value and hold close to our hearts.
Your time is the gift you gave to me! The memories of you and me.
I saved them all because YOU matter to me.
A shot glass from that time at the bar.
That shell you admired when we went for that walk, ohhh yeah and had that uncomfortable talk.
The cast you wore after you climbed up that tree.
A picture of your smile,
that brought so much joy to me.
The dress I wore, the first time we embraced.
That song, oh that song, remember how when it came on we would sing, dance, wiggle, and giggle, that song I still play to remember us when we were us?
The silly poems I wrote you to brighten your day. The silly notes you'd hide for me to find on my of my gooly days?

The stubs from the places we went to lift up our spirits.
The book, you carried everywhere you went, but never read, "someday I 'll read it before I am dead."
The menu I stole from that dinner we found, way out in that bumblefuck town.
Dried petals of flowers glued to a card.
Cant see the words, they are all faded now.
A fork, a spoon, a pepper shaker all taken from places we went to together
Places we laughed, cried, tried to sort it out, philosophyical discussions figuring out what this shitty was all about. Gossip, jokes, plans and promises, and hopes....

I held you up when you weak.
You cheered me on when to took the chance and went for the gold.
I was the warmth when you were alone and cold.
You were the one I chose to trust, love, protect. You knew I always had your back.

I am a simple wreck, like the shipwreck you see from a distance. Look closer can you see?
I am composed of those trinkets, tiny peices, memories of you and me.
They hold all those memories happy and sad. Triumphs and failures. The tears, secrets, heartaches, and fears.

We shared them all!

The times turned dark, things changed nearly overnight, torn apart with betrayals and lies.

Even those uncertain, crazy times. I tresure them all!
The time we spent together
I captured it all.
In my past or in my present you are special, and unique.

An exquisite antique!

Lost and found our way and lost and found our way, lost and found it back again.
How many times have we done that again?
Now look closer, you will see my tresures, its is your
reflectiom! It is you,

you helped make me,

me.
I dance, wild and free, no matter what anyone thinks of me.

I laugh, cry, lust, and continue to dream.
I learned so much from you,
I owe you so much for the good and the bad, the beauty and ugly in me.
I continue to use the gifts you gave,

to remind me...
I AM a wreck and comfortably so. Thank you my tresure!

For you gave me my strength, knowledge, and wisdom.
You are part of every heartbeat, you took and you gave me life, you fed my soul and helped me grow.

No matter where you are, near or far.. whether you loved,

liked,

or never really cared for me.

Because of you
I look at the wreck,

the wreck that is me,
and think to myself...

I love what I see.
I am grateful for all you have given me.
I will hold my tresures close.
One day, when my spirit is truly free.

You will recieve the memories, the memories of you and me.
I hope when you hold that box
You will feel the love and remember...

When the winds blow cold,

you are fearful,

or feel alone

This box will give you comfort, as it did for me, one last gift, to you from me.

I will see you again, when your spirit is set free.
It will be waiting with a cig and a drink.
I will ask you, "damn what took you so long!?!"

Start a new journey, adventure, new life again!
I wouldn't wait this long for just anyone!

Together we reflect the good and bad. Need eachother to stay grounded, and soar way high, beyond the sky.

I promise to love you.
Hold you close
Like I did when you need me most.
Promise to love me and give me the gift I tresure most. Look in your box you will see how much I kept because I loved you and tresured our time.

24
Matia Ria Morrill

Wreck
Doesn't look like much,
Nothing beautiful, nothing new.
Attract the curious,
They don't stay long
before you know it,
they are long gone.
from this wreck of a host.
me!

Look closer,
You will see...

Our time together!

A shot glass from that time at the bar.
A picture of your smile,
that brought so much joy to me.

I held you up when you weak.

We shared them all!

The time we spent together
I captured it all.

An exquisite antique!

How many times have we done that again?
reflectiom! It is you,

you helped make me,

me.

I learned so much from you,
I continue to use the gifts you gave,

to remind me...

liked,

or never really cared for me.

Because of you
I look at the wreck,

the wreck that is me,
and think to myself...

I love what I see.
I will hold my tresures close.
One day, when my spirit is truly free.

I hope when you hold that box
You will feel the love and remember...

When the winds blow cold,

you are fearful,

or feel alone

I promise to love you.
Hold you close
Like I did when you need me most.