With life going by faster than we can sometimes keep up, it can be hard to stop and realize how truly blessed we are. Many people forget these blessings and how life’s simplest forms of freedom are not a reality for someone else. Here is a list of simple blessings you should be grateful for from the moment you wake up.
1. You woke up today. For some last night was their last slumber.
2. You were able to sleep. Many people are not able to because of health problems or world problems that make them fear sleeping.
3. You had a bed and a blanket. For some, the concrete floor is their bed and newspaper or their clothes on their back is their blanket.
4. You have a toothbrush and toothpaste. Many do not have these simple toiletries to use every morning.
5. You can shower. For some, they don’t know what a shower is or they bathe in dirty water.
6. You have soap. Some may have to just depend on their hands to help wash off dirt.
7. You have a roof over your head. Many don't know what a home is and shelter may not come as easy.
8. You are eating and drinking. For some, they don't know when their next meal is.
9. You have clothes on your body. Many do not own clothes or more than one set of clothing.
10. You have a family. For some, they have lost their families for various reasons.
11. You have friends. Many do not even know anyone but their family or themselves. They have no one to lean on when times are rough.
12. You are reading this on some technological device. For some, they would not even know what a cell phone is or how the internet works.
13. You have AC. Many have to endure the heat.
14. You have medication. Something as simple as Tylenol is not readily available for everyone.
15. You’re alive. As tough as life can get, you’re breathing, you’re overall health is good, you have a purpose.
The life you have right now is a blessing. Before you think you have the ‘worst’ life ever, just know that many people would kill to have your life. They would love to have your blessings. Be grateful because you never know what you have until it's all gone.