11 Signs You Know It's Spring At Villanova

There's nothing quite like spring on a college campus.

134
https://www.instagram.com/novanationer/?hl=en

You definitely know when it's spring time in college. Here are some signs that I see around Villanova that let me know it's officially spring.

Everyone is outside

Whether its to do work, eat, or just to hangout, you know it's spring once you start to see everyone all around outside on campus.

You almost always hear music playing by the Oreo or in the Quad

I feel like I can't walk anywhere during the day without hearing music blast from somewhere around campus.

Girls start wearing dresses 

And skirts. You know it's getting nice when girls start bringing out the sun dresses.

And boys start wearing shorts

Some boys bring out the shorts a little too early, but you know it's spring time when you see boys wearing their pastel colored or patterned shorts.

The flip flops and sandals are out

It is officially spring weather once wearing flip flops and sandals becomes acceptable again.

Everyone is collectively ready for the semester to be over

You know it's spring when everyone is struggling to make it through the rest of the semester. You're in the final stretch but you are definitely ready to be done with classes.

It's formal season

I don't know how it is at other schools, but formals are a pretty big deal at Villanova. Everyone always looks forward to getting dressed up and going out with friends, especially now that you don't have to worry about freezing while walking back to the dorms after formal.

And darty season

I don't know about everyone else, but I know it's spring when every other picture I see on Instagram is from a darty.

Hammocks are everywhere

I feel like I'm missing out on the hammock trend. When it's spring I can spot someone with their hammock in a tree almost anywhere on campus.

The dorms get unbearably hot

Once it starts to get warm out the rooms always get hot and stuffy too. We have to keep the windows open so that the room will stay a decent temperature.

The flowers and trees start blooming

So many flowers suddenly appear all around and campus looks so beautiful.