Siblings Are Our Best Friends From Birth

As my brother heads to college, I wish I could go back in time and watch movies with him every day when we were younger.

10
Nikki Daniels

I am firm in my stance of there is nothing like a sibling. For as long as we can remember, they were either right on our heels following us around, or we were the ones on their heels following them around! As young children, it is hard to share your toys and space with someone you pretty much see every waking moment of your life. As we grow up, we become protective. We laugh. We hug. We exchange birthday presents. We finally begin to get along and occasionally see eye to eye. Before we know it, we're adults! Life is changing and so are we. We aren't the same little children who used to leave scratches on each other's arms and beg for them to not tell our parents about what we did. We realize how much we truly love our sibling(s) and come to the conclusion that life is going to suck without them by our side all the time.

My brother, Nathan, is a little less than three years younger than I am. He and I have always remained close, despite the many times I kicked him out of my room when he simply wanted to watch a movie with me. Now that he will be moving two hours away for college, I wish I could go back in time and watch movies with him every day when we were younger.

Nathan has always been the athletic child of my parents. Me, not so much! He played almost every sport you could think of, especially soccer. Not only was he the star athlete, he also excelled in school, graduating with over a 4.0 GPA. Yes ladies, he's the full package! Aside from everything he did, I cannot even begin to put into words how amazing of a person he is. He is strong in his faith, wearing a cross necklace around his neck everyday. He stands firm in what he believes in and he has witnessed to numerous friends he has made of the years. He lives the Christian values phenomenally.

I am so proud of everything he has accomplished and everything he will do. It is so difficult to put a smile on my face knowing how much less I will see him in a month than I do now, but I will do it for him. Despite the fact he is younger, my brother is what I hope to be eventually. The college he will be attending is beyond blessed to have such an amazing man and disciple at their school.

Unfortunately my readers do not all personally know my brother, so I will end with this: Take advantage of the time you have with your loved ones. As busy as life can be sometimes, it is always worth it to find time to spend with them. Whether you have a sibling or not, there is always someone that cares deeply about you. You may see them so often that you think you're sick of them, but once this time is limited or diminished, there is nothing you will want more than to have that time back!