When it comes to younger siblings, "can't live with them, can't live without them" becomes somewhat of an understatement. They get on your nerves, and unlike anyone else, they love it! But well, truth be told, you know too well how dull, how boring, how so very uneventful your childhood would have been without them. Kinda makes the annoying-ness worth it, doesn't it? (Of course, you'd never tell them this.)
I have one sibling- a younger brother- and I know just how my life has been richer and way more fun because of this kid (even though he can be very annoying sometimes).
Here are some of the most wonderful sibling joys we all love to be a part of if we are or have a younger sibling.
1. You always have someone you can endlessly tease because you know every little, embarrassing thing about them!
You saw them when they were a baby and everyone knows the 'baby phase' is an absolute goldmine for ideal embarrassment
2. You experienced things in life before they did so you can tell them what to do and what not to do
These are those moments you feel like you're full of wisdom and the greatest blessing in the little one's life. You're welcome. Enjoy!
3. When they finally do get in trouble with mom and dad, it's a glorious a feeling.
Thank you, mom and dad, for finally acknowledging how much of an angel I actually am.
4. As kids, even the boring adult get-togethers would be more bearable because you and your sibling had each other!
Social functions with boring adults everywhere? Well, with your younger sibling around, you always had a companion to chill with!
5. And you and your siblings loved playing in your own imaginary world that was lovingly created by you and them!
Of course the classical childhood "The Floor is Lava" was invented during this period
6. Family time means fun time, because there's never a dull moment with your siblings around!
I mean, even if you were the older kid and were expected to be responsible, your younger siblings could do anything they wanted! And it was hilarious to watch them embarrass themselves to the core.
7. You can tease and bully your siblings to your heart's content, but god save anyone ELSE who tries the same thing!
"I can call my idiot brother annoying, but don't you dare use that word to refer to him, you understand?"
8. The one thing that unites us: planning little ways to make our parents' lives easier!
As kids, it was so much fun to get together, save whatever we could and get our folks a little something that could make their days brighter and lives easier. Be it birthdays or anniversaries, when it came to our parents, the greatest sibling rivalries would have cause for cease fire!
9. The comfort of having someone in your family you can tell your secrets to, is wonderful!
There are some things you can tell your parents, and then there are things you just can't. But with an elder sibling, secrets stay secrets, and they also stay within the family!
10. Having someone you have a lifetime of shared experiences with means you have a best friend for life!
There will always be someone to look out for you, someone who knows just where you come from, someone who has a whole collection of things they know about you, and they are more than family - they are our best friends. Here's to our incredible siblings!