13 Shows To Binge Over Summer Break
Television Streaming

13 Shows To Binge Over Summer Break

Already bored this summer? Here are 13 shows to keep you occupied.

20

Summer is long and can get boring compared to the rest of the year. There's only one holiday breaking up the monotony and overall it feels too hot to do much. With these 13 TV shows, you can live vicariously through characters without breaking a sweat.

1. "Supernatural" (Netflix)

"Supernatural" has about 20 episodes per seasons and Netflix carries 14 seasons. "Supernatural" has anything you could want; horror, mystery, friendship, hot guys killing monsters. Well, maybe that's just what I want but it is still so much fun to follow and always has something keeping you on your toes.

2. "Dead to Me" (Netflix)

There are only a few episodes out right now but it is a great one to watch if you only have a day or two free. It has quite a few plot twists, romance, murder. Even my mom wants my Netflix account so she can watch it, but it isn't exactly family friendly.

3. "Friends" (Netflix)

Maybe you need something just to have background noise, "Friends" is perfect for that. Everyone knows the main premise, they're friends in New York. You can tune in and out as you please and with 10 seasons they'll keep you company all summer.

4. "The Office" (Netflix)

If you watch it solely for Jim and Pam, that's OK. It does require more attention than "Friends" but can still be used to make the summer feel less lonely.

5. "Parks and Recreation" (Netflix)

"Parks and Rec" is quite possibly the most awkward, hilarious sitcom of all time. Leslie Knope is everyone at one point in their lives and who I would elect as this country's leader. We deserve Leslie Knope. There's nothing to dislike about this show and every episode will leave a silly smile on your face.

6. "Paradise PD" (Netflix) 

There are 10 episodes of all-out raunchiness. This show is off the wall and absolutely insane, there's drugs, raunchy jokes, sex, and everything in between. It's a good short show that is good for late nights when you need to just laugh until you cry.

7. "One Day At A Time" (Netflix)

I have written about this show before and I will again. "One Day At A Time" is a wholesome, family-oriented show that anybody can relate to. It has three seasons that will just make you smile and feel warm inside.

8. "Brooklyn 99" (Hulu)

"Brooklyn 99" is unproblematic, hilarious, and overall the most engrossing show on television. Andy Samberg is America's father and the king of the world. It has love, comedy, "drama," loveable characters, and life lessons. There are seven seasons and each one somehow gets better and better.

9. "Catfish" (Hulu) 

We all know "Catfish," people faking online. Hulu has 7 seasons and they just hit their 100th episode. Nev and Max are so fun to watch and the episodes are always so crazy that you might not even believe it.

10. "Drake and Josh" (Hulu)

There are four seasons that all '90s and '00s babies will love. It's a blast from the past that will complete your summer.

11. "Bob's Burgers" (Hulu)

There are nine seasons of cute and silly behaviors. The Belchers are how you picture your family but slightly funnier. You can't even pick a favorite character because they're all so adorable and lovable.

12. "Dr. Pimple Popper" (Hulu)

If you can stand a little blood and enjoy surgery, Dr. P.P. is for you. It isn't too long but enjoyable for anyone that isn't too squeamish.

13. "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" (Hulu)

If you need some mind-numbing television that will keep you occupied this summer? Kim Kardashian has got you covered. In the words of Khloe, "thanks for f--king on camera!"