5 Reasons To show your true colors

Being yourself isn't easy, especially if you're from a small school or town. Coming to college at Mississippi State has made me realize that there are way more people out there just like you than you can even BEGIN to understand!

Sometimes when we go to a small school or even a big school, we can get caught up in the idea that we have to be just like everyone else to fit in. Well, while that may be true for your current situation, is being someone that you aren't worth all the excitement of being popular? If you said yes, hopefully I can change your mind. If you said no, you're already on the right track!

1. It just takes SO much effort not to!

It may not be easy to be yourself, but it's even harder to be fake! I mean, imagine if we could all just be ourselves how much energy we would have!

2. You'll find others like you!

You may think that you're all alone in your interests, but I promise that you're not! No matter what your interest is, building, art, anime, theatre, or anything, your people are out there!

3. You'll find out who you really are!

You'll learn who you are, and you'll love that person!

4. People want to know YOU!

It may not seem like it, but people want to know the real you! Maybe not everyone, but the ones that don't aren't really your friends anyways!

5. Fake People are Miserable

Nobody wants to be miserable in their lives! We want to be happy and be ourselves, and it's time to start doing just that! Take control of your own life- you'll thank yourself later.

It's not easy to be yourself. In fact, it can be one of the hardest things to do. It's a social norm now to pretend to be someone else. That's not fair to yourself or anyone else! In fact, you should never have to pretend to be someone you're not! It's time that we step out of our shells (or into them, if that's who you are) and be US! Don't pretend anymore- be yourself-love yourself.