50 Random Thank Yous To My Wonderful Parents

Without you, I wouldn't be the person I am today.

447
Anna Zanin

I am one of the most fortunate children to be able to have parents that are such a blessing to my life. Sometimes, it's just the right thing to do to show them some extra gratitude.

To my mom & dad, look at this whenever you need to remember my everlasting appreciation and love for you. This is for you.

Thank you for...

1. Raising me to be a strong, independent woman.

2. Being there for me when no one else was.

3. Teaching me what real love is.

4. Being a prime example of a healthy marriage.

5. Raising me to have respect for myself and others.

6. Showing me compassion.

7. Teaching me that good things come to those that are patient and work hard for it.

8. Taking care of me when I'm sick.

9. Making food for me.

10. Working to support our family.

11. Doing your best to empathize with me even when you couldn't really understand.

12. Listening to me when I needed someone.

13. Supporting me in my passions.

14. Pushing me to continue reaching for my dreams.

15. Having faith in me and my abilities.

16. Being so open minded and trusting with my pursuits in life.

17. Being strong when I couldn't be.

18. Giving me a shoulder to cry on.

19. Being there to support me through my most wonderful successes.

20. Also, being there to support me through my most devastating failures.

21. Driving me to dance class, to voice lessons, to school, and home. (etc)

22. Standing by to let me have my own experiences even when you were worried that my heart would get broken.

23. Being there to pick up the pieces afterwards.

24. Leading me through emotional healing processes.

25. Giving me hugs & snuggles even as I got older.

26. Wanting the best for me.

27. Never abandoning me.

28. Dealing with me at my worst.

29. Bonding with me at my best.

30. Blessing me with both of your most beautiful traits.

31. Teaching me how to accept and handle the traits I've been given that aren't the most shiny.

32. Teaching me that my vulnerability is my strength.

33. Proving to me that when there's a will, there's a way.

34. Holding my hand when I thought I couldn't make it through.

35. Welcoming people that have meant a lot to me into your life, even if they ended up hurting me in the end.

36. On that same token, teaching me forgiveness.

37. Unconditionally loving me for all that I am, imperfections and all.

38. And from that, leading me through the process of truly loving myself.

39. Calming my fears when they were at their most tumultuous.

40. Going to see so many musicals.

41. Being a dance mom/dad.

42. Understanding that I don't want your fancy food; I only want chicken nuggets.

43. Teaching me how to give a really good hug.

44. Showing me how to give people the benefit of the doubt.

45. Watching the One Direction movie with me over.. and over.. and over again.

46. Dealing with my sass when you didn't deserve it.

47. Teaching me that you don't deserve my sass. ;)

48. Accepting my love for the performing arts even when you were definitely expecting me to play softball, or something a little more conventional.

49. Listening to the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack with me over.. and over.. and over.. and OVER again.

50. Teaching me that love beats all.