Why You Should Stop Waiting And Start Living

Start living your life. You will thank yourself.
203

For me personally, waiting is so much easier than doing.

Whether it be putting off school work, hanging out with someone I honestly would love to see, going to the gym, or making myself a healthy meal, no matter how greatly that one action would positively or negatively impact me I seem to think that I have all the time in the world to put it off. That I, a single being on this planet, could somehow have all the "tomorrows" that ever existed. That there will always be a tomorrow for me.

Well, it was not until recently that I stopped being ignorant and came to the realization that there might not always be a Monday to start your new diet or work out. There might not always be a Friday to go out with your friends to the movies or to the local Mexican restaurant. I was, and sometimes still am, the QUEEN of "I'll do that tomorrow" or "I'll start Monday". One day my sister finally says to me, "Kate, you have to stop living for the weekend and start living today." I laughed and continued to complain to her about how stressed I was with trying to balance a social life and maintain my grades. Meanwhile, she was in the same classes as me, was in a sorority, and maintained a flourishing social life.

It didn't occur to me until this past week that it is a choice to live how you want to live. No one was forcing me to spend all my time sulking about how hard my life was. No one was forcing me to stay in while everyone was going out to dinner with their friends. No one was forcing me to wait until the weekend. I chose my own path, and I have the right to change that path.

So, follow your path. Live your life now. You don’t have to wait until the weekends to experience your life. Bake cookies on a Monday afternoon. Turn on your record player and jam out on a Wednesday morning. Go out dancing on a Thursday night. You only have one life to live, so make it count.