Why You Should Never Let Money Get In The Way

For those who think saving money is more important than having fun.

45
Jordan Lauch

The saying “broke college student” is a very true statement and once you become a college student, you realize how true of a statement it actually is.

Though one thing that I have realized is that you can’t let money get in the way of making memories, I’m not saying that if you have to have to decide between either going out or eating for the day, that you should not eat just to go out with your friends. I’m saying that if you are being stingy and say that you just don’t want to spend money, then you should get over that and spend some money and make those memories. I’ll be honest, I can often be that person who is stingy and doesn’t like to spend money since college is so expensive and I am paying for it by myself. Though I did decide to take a leap and go on a spring break trip with some friends and made some of my best memories ever, it did mean that I had to work extra hours at work and that I couldn’t do things off campus before the trip, but all of that was worth it.

In college, and basically in life, money is what our life is centered on, it is always the decisive factor in what we do and don’t do and that is terrible, because life is about so much more than just money, every once in awhile you just need to not think about money and just go for something that you usually wouldn’t, because if you actually want that thing and give yourself enough time, you will work your ass off to reach that goal. Like with me and my spring break trip, I would usually never make a decision to go on a trip like that, I would probably have just went home and spent no money, but instead I told myself that “this is college and that I shouldn’t let a moment like this pass by” and so I took the leap and went for it, and do I regret one minute of any of it? No I don’t. I honestly think of that week as the one of the best weeks of my life, while planning this trip, I honestly was unsure because there were two people that I had barely known before the trip then the others, I had a rocky friendship with for a while, so I definitely did have some fears of going on this trip and then there was the whole money aspect, though as soon as we started the trip to Orlando, in a car with three of my friends, I knew that I had made the right decision.

Also a key note, don’t ever be stingy about Disney World, if you are in Orlando, Florida and have the chance to go to Disney, fork out that $100 and go, I don’t care if you’re in college, as I and my friends are, you’ll still have the time of your life, since it is the happiest place on earth.

From the car trips to and from, the late nights, the hanging out by the pool, etc. vacations with friends are the best, and even if you may think that it will be too expensive, still don’t let money get in the way. If you think that going out for a weekend is more important than going on vacation, just think of how many more memories you’ll make traveling with your friends than you would at a bar, just doing your usual weekend activities. So even if going on vacation may set you back a tad, just know that in the end, you’d rather have those memories with your close friends than staying home and saving money, so just take that leap and make some memories. Oh and don’t forget, never not go to Disney, because nothing beats Disney.