I Love Listening To Audiobooks

I Love Listening To Audiobooks

Also, what I discovered through my local library.

18

It all started last year on a road trip from New Jersey to Chicago. It's like 14 hours one way. My husband and I decided to start listening to the Harry Potter books. We had both read the series when we were younger and also loved the movies but it would be exciting to reread or "listen to" them.

It was really perfect for that car ride, helped the time go by so much faster. We managed to knock out the first few books that trip, and then we listened to the rest and finally ended finishing up with the last book.

I also struggled with reading growing up, I was also really slow and would trip up over my words. Audiobooks helped me read faster. I have more time for reading with them. I started listening to Amazon's Audible app. It's cheaper than buying the books, this service allows you to pay a monthly fee in exchange for one credit per month.

This is great until you use up all your free books by listening too quickly. Then you are forced to wait 3 weeks for another new credit. It was going onto my library's website to see if they had something in stock when I came across an app called "Libby"

Libby is a library of audiobooks and Kindle books. I could use this for free, with the availability to put ones on a wish list and on hold. I can have as many as 8 books out at one, and it's all on my phone. Since having this, I have listened to one book and have started another one, and also finished up reading a paperback novel.

I highly recommend looking into Libby with your library card before purchasing a reading subscription from Amazon or any other digital media outlet!