Short Story On Odyssey: Don't Open That Door PT.3

"No, that's actually not that completely crazy as you'd think"

39

Where we last left off: (Part 1 and Part 2)

Beatriz and Finn rescued Andrew from Queen Victoria and found a door that helped them leave 1896 and return back to 2017. However, the historical timeline was altered.

When Andrew assisted Queen Victoria in her plan of dominating the nearby villages, this led to Queen Victoria and her predecessors dominating the entire Sweden state. Over the course of time, Sweden grew as an empire controlling the entire European continent and fighting for land overseas.

Beatriz and Andrew stood on the ashes of the burned down home staring at the door that was the only strong structure left in the entire household.

"Look guys, we screwed up the timeline, and there is no way of changing it," said Finn walking around the destroyed architectural building.

"Oh so we are just going to give up?" asked Andrew

"Well we tried opening the door haven't we? What are the chances that even if we could get the door open, and we could go through that we will alter the course of history again for the worse?

I mean I already lost my iPhone to that weird creep in that shop, who knows what might happened next. For all we know they might be trying to create mutants out of an iPhone and all that they are missing is another iPhone," said Finn

"I'm sorry that someone stole your idea for creating mutants aliens, but you insisted that we opened the door to the basement that I strictly told you not to open!" yelled Andrew

"I didn't drunkly pulled open the door and decided to get drugged by the Queen!" argued Finn

"Guys! Shut Up!" yelled Beatriz over there arguments. She was sitting on by the door looking under the door, and seeing a small line of light, "I see shoes, maybe if we scream loud enough, they will hear us and open the door from the other side." Beatriz started screaming to open the door, but the shoes that were once standing in front of the door walked away.

"Maybe if you scream for your boyfriend, Alex, he'll come and open the door. The 'noble and trustworthy' Alex, Alex the hero," said Andrew sarcastically

"My boyfriend? You should be thanking him for helping you get out of that zombie state that you were in," said Beatriz

"Thanking him? How do you know that he wasn't just trying to cure me to then drug me with something else or worse manipulate you two into doing something outrageous," said Andrew

"Really? That's your argument? A guy who lost his kingdom to her and manipulation, risked his life to save us and help us get back to this time period and...you don't trust him? Funny, coming from a guy, who the moment a queen hands him wine, he drinks the entire bottle and forgets who's his friends are," said Beatriz

A few minutes pass and a door slightly opens.

"Hey, stop it, look at the door, it's open but stuck on something," interrupted Finn.

"Hey, maybe if we push the door open, they will get the rest of it open," suggested Beatriz

Andrew and Finn stood next to her pushing on the door to open, but the door was stuck.

"Move out of the way, I'll get a running start at it," suggested Finn

"No that's not a good...," started Andrew, and Beatriz, but before they could stop Finn, he ran straight at the door full speed ahead and smacked his face against the door falling on his back.

"Finn!" yelled Andrew and Beatriz,

"I'm fine, just slightly lightheaded that's all," replied Finn barely lifting his head off the ground.

The door opened, and Andrew helped Finn up, and Beatriz looked at it, and saw nothing but blurred images.

"Alright, let's go," said Beatriz. Finn walked into the door after her.

Andrew hesitated, but after seeing that Finn and Beatriz were gone, he walked right through it.

Stockholm, Sweden 1896

All three of them fell through the portal and landed on the street of Stockholm, Sweden. The door disappeared behind them. They looked around them to find that the city no longer looked the same way it used to.

Guards patrolled the city, and at every corner you turned there was a guard standing over commoners fueling their anxiety. Posters hung of Queen Victoria and of events that honored her on every building and door. The city wasn't filled with street vendors, and there were barely any horse carriages like it used to be filled.

While Finn and Andrew walked over to businesses that were a couple feet away from them, Beatriz walked over to the cafe that was the same one she was pulled into when meeting Alex for the first time. Before she walked over to the door, a hand came up from behind her and covered her mouth and pulled her backwards into the alley of the cafe.

She tried screaming, but her mouth was muffled. The person that covered her mouth turned her around to face her.

"ALEX!" said Beatriz through the hand that he still held over her mouth. Her eyes widened as she scanned him to find that he looked completely different. He wore a dark brown slacks tucked into black boots that covered his calves. Under his trench-coat-like black jacket he had a dirty white medieval shirt. His trench-coat jacket with shoulders that were covered with metal padding and dark leather gauntlets.

"Shh.. Beatriz, shhh!" said Alex, "I'll remove my hand from your mouth, but promise that you won't scream."

Beatriz nodded, once Alex removed his hand from the mouth.

"You know we got to stop meeting like this," said Beatriz smiling.

"What are you doing here?" said Alex, "I'm glad you're here, but what are you doing here?"

"Trying to verse the historical time period that we screwed up," said Beatriz

"You can't be here or at least looking like that," said Alex, "Look,"

Alex pulled out a crumpled WANTED poster that had Beatriz's drawn image was on it with a reward.

"Wanted poster?" asked Beatriz, "Beatriz and Finn wanted for capturing Sir Andrew of New York, dead or alive, bring to the queen. Wanted Sir Andrew of New York for killing the king, dead or alive, bring to the queen."

"Oh we need to fix this," whispered Beatriz, "Finn! Andrew!"

"Wait they are here?" whispered Alex

Beatriz walked from the alley to find Finn and Andrew in a nearby alley hiding from guards. Alex and Beatriz joined them.

"Alex?" asked Finn. "You look fantastic, where did you get that outfit?"

"Finn!" whispered Beatriz

"Guys! Focus, we need to find a way to reverse the timeline," said Andrew, "If she wants me, she's going to get me."

"You're just going to give yourself up like that?" asked Beatriz, "That's crazy!"

"No, that's actually not that completely crazy as you'd think," said Alex.

Hours Later, at the queen's castle behind a bush

"So, all I have to do is walk in there and give myself up," asked Andrew

"And I walk in there with Beatriz like we're his prisoners," asked Finn

Alex nodded.

"Alright," agreed Finn clapping his hands, "I'd never thought this is the way I'd surrender."

Andrew started walking with Beatriz and Finn holding their hands behind their back. And they approached the guards, but before they could say anything to the guards, Alex jumped from the corner of the castle and knocked out both guards.

"I misjudged your boyfriend Beatriz," said Finn, "I apologize."

They opened the castle door and walked inside. Alex disappeared leaving Beatriz, Finn and Andrew walking into the castle. The Queen stood at her table looking at something until her guards got her attention.

"Oh, Sir Andrew of New York, you came and captured those...unfortunately, I wanted them dead," said the Queen. "And you too because you are no use to me anymore. GUARDS!"

The six guards pulled out their swords and walked toward them.

"Where is Alex when you need him?" asked Finn

Alex started attacking the guards from the corner and sword fighting three at once and then the rest of the guards turned to Finn and Andrew.

Finn, Beatriz, and Andrew tried attacking the guards. The queen was running toward the other rooms, and Beatriz sprinted after her leaving the rest of the people fighting the guards.

Beatriz tackled the Queen, and Alex sprinted after them into the next room.

"Wow, Beatriz, I didn't know you could do that," said Alex helping Beatriz stand up and the Queen stood up after her.

"You can't kill me," said the Queen, but before she could finish, Alex slit her throat and her last words, "I guess you've won, then."

"We won!" yelled Andrew

"Yes!" said Finn, "We can go home now!"

"Wait, does that mean your King Alex?" asked Beatriz

"I guess so," said Alex

In the middle of town, Alex stood in front of a group of people and announced that he was the new king and that he lifted all the rules and laws that Queen Victoria had in place. Finn and Andrew walked toward the door. Beatriz was almost at the door when she turned toward Alex.

"So is this goodbye?" asked Beatriz.

"You know you could stay, I do need a queen by my side you know," said Alex

"Oh would you kiss her already," said Finn

Alex took her head in his cheeks and leaned in kissing Beatriz on the lips.

"This isn't goodbye, you can always open the door and visit," said Alex

"Oh no, maybe not the best advice," said Andrew pulling open the door. "At least wait a little before we open the door."

Alex guided Beatriz toward the door.

"Your timeline should be restored," said Alex, "I'll miss you guys."

They walked through the door and fell through on the floor of the home.

"My knee! I always land on my knee!" said Finn grabbing his knee

Beatriz stood up and looked around the house was restored, it didn't even look like it was even burned down at one point. Andrew stood up and ran to the mailbox outside the house and there was no note of an unoccupied house or anything.

The newspapers on the floor that once read, "Sweden now opens half of Europe thanks to Queen Victoria's predecessors..." was just a blank piece of paper, the print disappeared right in front of his eyes.

"Guys, we're back!" said Andrew, we did it!

"Hey, Andrew, were there two doors here earlier?" asked Finn

"No.." answered Andrew

"It's locked," said Finn

"What's this?" asked Beatriz picking up what seemed to look like a key

"Shall we open it?" asked Finn