Things That Happen When You Shop At IKEA With Your Boyfriend
relationships

7 Things Bound To Happen When You And Your SO Spend All Day Shopping At IKEA

It's an all-day affair.

443
Amanda Parel

Many might say that Target is the most dangerous place to take a millennial girl shopping. I beg to differ: the biggest commercial trap for couples is the Swedish wonderland that is IKEA. If you and your boyfriend or girlfriend stop by any time soon, expect the trip to take a lot longer than anticipated because these seven things WILL happen.

1. You'll start planning your entire future apartment/house.

IKEA USA / Instagram

From what kind of kitchen cabinets you want to how many bookshelves are too many bookshelves, you'll be taking mental notes for when the time comes and you have enough money to have a place of your own. The two of you will become the biggest critics while going through and commenting on all the display rooms with what you would change if this was your place. And nothing helps that feeling that you've found "The One" like when you can both agree on what constitutes an ugly light fixture and how much white is too much white when it comes to decor.

2. You'll get separated/lost.

Amanda Parel

Everyone who's ever been to IKEA knows that it's a giant, endless maze. And with so much to look at, one of you is bound to wander off.

3. You'll get hungry and have to stop by the IKEA Restaurant.

The food is inexpensive and actually pretty good. Much better than dining hall food. You can also get coffee and frozen yogurt, so IKEA really does have all you need!

4. You'll buy something you don't need and didn't even realize you wanted until you saw it at IKEA.

Amanda Parel

Did I need these succulents? No. Did I need new cup coasters? Also no. Did I still buy them because I wanted them and they were reasonably priced? Yes.

5. You'll feel like a responsible adult when you buy the things you DO actually need.

IKEA USA / Instagram

Maybe I didn't need the plants, but I did buy a shower curtain and bathmat that I'll need for my apartment next year!

6. You start talking about the future in new ways.

IKEA USA / Instagram

Eventually things get deeper than planning what your dream home looks like. Where exactly do you want to live? What kind of house do you want? How are you going to make/save money to live out your dream? Is it going to be pet-friendly? What kinds of pets do you want? Kid-friendly? Do you think you'll entertain guests a lot?

7. You finally navigate your way out of the store...and are already thinking about when you're going to come back.

Either you saw a bunch of things you wanted but didn't have the funds to buy, or per #1 you plan on coming back to furnish your future home. Browsing IKEA with your boyfriend or girlfriend is also just a fun way to kill time, so if you had fun once, you'll probably be back someday!

Once the future becomes the present, the next test for your significant other will be helping to assemble all that IKEA furniture!