How to Shave Your Head with Clippers

Over the last few years, shaving head has become a fashion trend. It can give you an attractive look. Shaving head is actually pretty easy if you know what you have to do. Most of the time, you can do this task by yourself without anyone's help.

So if it is your first time, and you are wondering what to do or how to do it, do not worry. This article will cover pretty much everything you need to know.

There are many ways to shave your head. Using clippers for shaving is one of the common ways. If you are wondering which clipper to get, well, you can always look online for reviews. It is not hard to find the best cordless balding clippers.

Prepare Yourself First

To shave your head, you need to prepare yourself for it first. Do not worry. You need to ensure that you have accurate supplies for the task. If you are careless, the outcome may not be satisfactory to you at all. So, what supplies do we need to shave head with clippers?

1. Electric Clipper - Choose an electric clipper which suits you. Many clippers are available on the market, buy a good one.
  2. Aftershave - You do not need it if you only want to shave your head. If you want to get bald, you would need it.

How To Shave Head Using Electric Clippers

There are basically a few steps you need to follow to get a satisfactory outcome. I will discuss each step as clear as I can.

●First of all, you need to remove the guard from the electric clipper first. It will give you the closest shave possible. If you are expecting a closer shave like razor, then you might be disappointed. Clippers cannot give you a closer shave like razor. For balding, you will experience less friction. It means clippers give you less itching and irritation.

●You can choose the clipper's guard according to the size of your hair. If you want to go totally bald, choose guard level 1.

●To avoid the mess, you can spread a cloth or newspaper to collect the hair.

●Clip your hair if it is long, and you cannot handle it. While clipping, maintain the opposite direction of your hair. For shaving, we always follow the grain direction. Though it will not give a close shave like razor, but you can shave a good one. It is really tough to clip hair with grain on the top of your head.

●Turn on the clippers. Though it does not matter where you start from, I will suggest you to start from the side of your head. Start from the middle of your ear. Move the clippers slowly on your skin.

●While shaving the side of your head, maintain an upward direction. Take several turns to make sure you haven't missed any spots. Now slowly move towards behind the area of your ear. Follow the likewise command. I suggest the easiest place to start with. If you feel comfortable somewhere else, you can do that.

●Now shave the front side of your head. First of all, position the clippers on your forehead and gently glide them backward. Take turns so that you do not miss any spots.

●Finally, shave the back of your head. Put the clippers at the nape of your neck and gently move them upward. Again take some turns to ensure you haven't missed any spot.

●If you have gone totally bald, clean your head with something. Then rinse water on your head. You can clean your head with cold water if you want.

●Let it dry and relax for some time.

●Put some aftershave on your head to maintain the moisture.

Some Extra Tips

Shaving your hair does not free you from taking care of it. Here are some tips you can follow if you have bald your head for the first time.

●Apply sunblock creams on your head or neck to protect your skin from the sun.

●You should avoid shaving on a sunny day. It often gives you permanent burns.

●If you have long hair, try to cut it first.

●You have to put oil or moisture on your bald head.

●Balding does not mean you do not have to put shampoo on it. Put a little shampoo on your head to keep it moisturized.

●Always follow the direction of your grain. Going against the grain can cause irritation and itchiness.

●Clean your clipper each time after you shave. Cleaning it is really important because it helps you to maintain hygiene.

●Lubricate your clippers after shaving. It will help your clipper to last.

So this is everything you need to know. I hope you have found this article helpful.