Menstruation is something I experience personally every single month. It wasn't always this way, as a matter of fact, there was a time where I only seemed to experience this curse every other month or in my lucky middle school days, about one every three or four months.

However, as I have aged, I have become exceedingly familiar with 'that time of the month' AKA 'shark week' AKA Aunt Flo — and it is one that I dread. However, I have come up with a few solutions, tips, and tricks to make surviving your own 'shark week' more bearable.

1. Water

H2O really is your best friend during shark week. Not only does it flush your uterus clean so that blood will not flow as long it also hydrates your skin in case acne occurs during your menstruation week.

2. Apple Cider Vinegar

Having one teaspoon or two of apple cider vinegar will stop blood flow early. Another way is to add a teaspoon into water and mix it so that you get both the hydration and the use of the vinegar.

3. Avoid Spicy Foods

Spicy foods are my literal favorite, however, they might be something to avoid during shark week as they can result in a longer blood flow and ultimately longer period.

4. Get Down and Dirty

Now, this one is completely one hundred percent your choice and it's okay if it's not your thing, but it has been proven that orgasms shorten periods not to mention hormones are usually at a high during this time, making the overall sensation better. You don't necessarily need a partner for this activity as it can be done on your own.

5. Drink Herb Tea

Herbs and herb tea are two things that will not only shorten a cycle but aid in reducing cramps as well.

6. Birth Control

This is not an at-home remedy but will shorten cycles nonetheless.

7. Apply Heat

Applying heat helps for even the worst of cramps and pains!

8. Get that Vitamin C!

Vitamin C will not only aid in ending the cycle early but also help your body to become resistant to cramps.

9. Milkshake, Smoothie, Etc.

Cold drinks like milkshakes, smoothies, and ice cream can aid people who experience nausea during their cycle.

10. Ice

Ice in water will help for better hydration. Running an ice cube along your face will also help close your pores if you experience acne during your period. Drinking ice water helps fight nausea if that is a struggling during your cycle.