8 Shady Early 00s Songs To Still Bop To Today

Shady and angsty songs that will never get old.

30

Do you need the perfect playlist that gives a symbolic "screw you" to a someone who has done you dirty? Get thrown back into your angsty, emo stage with some shady, early 2000s that are perfect, relevant bops to let it out.

1. "Gives you Hell" by All-American Rejects

"You're still probably working at a 9-5 pace, I wonder how bad that tastes."

"Truth be told, I miss you. And truth be told, I'm lying."

"Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself. Where'd it all go wrong? But the list goes on and on."

"If you find a man that's worth a damn and treats you well. Then, he's a fool. You're just as well. Hope it gives you hell."

This song is an anthem for an ex that may not have ended on good terms. Easily a good song to chant while driving around.

2. "Thnks fr th Mmrs" by Fall Out Boy

"Thanks for the memories, even though they weren't so great. They taste like you, only sweeter."

"But it's the wrongs that make the words come to life. Who does he think he is? If that's the worst you got, better put your fingers back to the key."

"I only think in the form of crunching numbers."

Sometimes looking back at an ex, you realize that the memories and the idea of them are a lot better than the actual person. Fall Out Boy pretty much sums it up in this song.

3. "I Write Sins, Not Tragedies" by Panic! At The Disco

"What a shame that the groom's bride is a w****. I chime in with a "haven't you people heard of closing the god-d*** door, no?"

"No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality."

"Well, I'll look at it this way. I mean, technically, our marriage is saved! Well, this calls for a toast! So pour the champagne."

This song is just full of sarcasm and passive aggressive lyrics that you cannot help but notice. In this specific song, he recounts infidelity and how people can so easily be ignorant to someone deceiving them. Another song you can easily pick up the lyrics and scream out.

4. "Ignorance" by Paramore

"You treat me just like another stranger. Well, it's nice to meet you, sir, I guess I'll go, I best be on my way out."

"Ignorance is your new best friend."

"The same tricks that, that once fooled me. They won't get you anywhere. I'm not the same kid from your memory. Well, now I can fend for myself."

This song is the perfect demonstration of a "screw you" to someone that did you wrong. But in a more kind of intense way. Let your anger out to this song working out, driving home from work, or even just jam out to your room to this.

5. "Cooler than Me" by Mike Posner

"I got you all figured out, you need everyone's eyes just to fill a scene."

"I used up all of my tricks, I hope that you like this. But, you probably won't. You think you're cooler than me."

This song is such a casual yet petty song in the best way. It's a perfect ode to all of those people that only move on to the next "bigger and better thing" and love to let you know that they are better than you.

6. "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson

"Since you have been gone, I can breathe for the first time."

"How come I'd never hear you say, "I just want to be with you." I guess you never felt that way."

"You had your chance, you blew it. Out of sight, out of mind. Shut your mouth, I just can't take it. Again and again."

You can never go wrong with a Kelly Clarkson song. This song gives out the frustration of thinking you are on the same page as someone, to only find out they played you and that you are better without them. In the end, it's better to cut out the toxic people in your life that aren't worth your time.

7. "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce

"Make your check, come at they neck. Disrespect us, no they won't."

"Boy, I'm just playing. Come here, baby. Hope you still like me, F U, pay me."

"This goes out to all the women getting it in. Get on your grind. To the other men that respect what I do, please accept my shine."

This screams out "women empowerment." B in this song puts her foot down to the unfair treatment women face. She even recognizes that to the other men that are respectful, to let us have our moments as well. A song anyone can easily dance to.

8. "U + Ur Hand" by P!nk

"I'm not here for your entertainment. You don't really wanna mess with me tonight."

"Keep your drink, just give me the money. It's just you and your hand tonight."

"We didn't get all dressed up just for you to see. So quit spilling your drinks on me, yeah. You know who you are. High fivin', talking shit, but you're goin' home alone aren't ya?"

This song is a perfect "screw off" to those unwanted, creepy men that try to make moves on you when you're out at a party or club. P!nk even says it in her lyrics about how we women dress up for ourselves, not for others. It's a great anthem to those people that don't know to read boy language when someone isn't interested.