What Has Sex Turned Into?

What Has Sex Turned Into?

Breaking News: it's not just sex!
62

Sex. You learn about it in middle school and it sounds disgusting. Then you get to high school and suddenly it's all the rage of relationships.

Why is it so popular amongst relationships? There's two reasons.

One: Physically, sex is very satisfying and it's meant to be. It's probably one of the most pleasurable things you can do with your body. It's even healthy for you--what a bonus!

Two: Sex is one of the most intimate things you can do with someone. As well as being physically close to someone, you can get very emotionally close to someone.

However, in this modern and very slutty society, sex has become a play thing for a lot people, both teenagers and adults alike. The emotional aspect of sex is so commonly disregarded to only enjoy the physicality of it that many teenagers grow up thinking they can have sex with anyone.

Many people that try to disregard the emotions that come with sex are sadly mistaken. Even if those emotions don't hit immediately during the act, they will hit the day after.

For those that have sex in depressions or to repress unwanted emotions: stop. You are killing yourself. You may feel nothing but numbness now but one day it will hit you and everyone has a point where it's too much to take. Don't reach that point.

For those that have sex to seem cool: you're not cool. Let's go more into depth.

Walking through the halls of a high school, you see the guys who think they look cool by playing around with girls. These guys are called a specific name but we won't mention that for now.

I suppose the reasoning behind this is that it's amazing to these guys that they can get actual girls to have sex with them. I agree completely. No wonder they try to show it off. Now let's take a look at their future, shall we?

I (don't) regret to say it but one day, your future wife will find out that you've been cheating on her with four other women, all of whom had no idea either. After an expensive divorce and being kicked out of your own house, you find that the other women have stolen your wallet and have made three car purchases and a house payment with your credit card before you can disable it. How sad.

Or, even more pathetically, you will never find anyone. Trying to fill the holes in your life by going to strip clubs every night after a job you hate, you reminisce on the days that you could get a girl without paying for her. It's a shame those days follow you for the rest of your life.

Back to the present, hearing how many girls you've had sex with disgusts everyone around you and one day it'll disgust you. How about you just stop while you're ahead and save yourself more embarrassment?

Sex isn't just a physical act. Trying to pretend there's "no strings" on it never actually means that turns out to be true.

It's your only body. Learn to respect it.