You Probably Didn't Know That Houston Is Notorious For Its Sex Trafficking

Sex trafficking in Houston is a current and ongoing problem.

62

Houston, Texas, is not just one of the largest cities in the United States. It is known for having the largest number of sex trafficking victims nation-wide. Sex trafficking in Houston is a current and ongoing problem. Houston sees this as a major issue as I-10, which goes from El Paso to Houston, is one of the most-used paths for the sex trade.

Human Trafficking is described as modern-day slavery. All over this growing city, there are numerous places that are involved in trafficking women. Many people drive by these locations every day, and do not know what these places actually are. Catherine French, a woman who specializes in helping these women, and is a part of the Exodus Cry Prayer Watch Houston, has physically entered some of these horrific places to show people how serious of a problem this is in Houston.

Many of these locations are home to over 30,000 trafficked women. Many victims were sold into the trade starting young, around the age of 11 or 12, but there really isn't an age that's "safe" from being victimized. Catherine French had previously had a conversation with a young girl who she had helped save from the trade and one of the things that truly touched French was when the little girl said

"I didn't know anyone knew what was happening to me."

Those words have such a strong effect that needs to be spread across Houston.

These women are trafficked from the United States, Latin America, and Asia and sold at local bars and brothels for $50 to over $100 each based on online reviews. Catherine French has found Elijah Rising, which is a city-wide prayer movement for the end to sex trafficking. It is very important to be aware of how serious of an issue this is in Houston. There are many ways to help prevent trafficking in Houston, but if you want to know how to get involved.

With your help, we can spread the word of how serious of a problem sex trafficking is within Houston, Texas. Spread the word and let's change lives.