My Sephora Essentials Of 2017-2018

My Sephora Essentials Of 2017-2018

VIBs, unite!

1317
My Sephora Essentials Of 2017-2018

Even though I pay virtually no attention to my hair or my outfits, I do spend a lot of time looking at, testing, buying, and applying make up. At this point, I genuinely have too much make up for one person, but here is a select combination of a few of my products I reserve for daily use.

1. Primer: Too Faced's Hangover Rx

With the rising trend of skin care becoming almost as popular as makeup has been, a lot of companies have been coming out with new primers in the last year or so. All these products offer more refreshing properties than the last, and it can be hard to know where to begin. I, myself, have not actually experimented with too many different kinds of primers yet, but of the handful of products that I've tried, this one is definitely my favorite. Instant moisture is what this product can guarantee. With its cooling touch and sweet peach smell, your skin will instantly feel hydrated all day.

2. Eyeshadow: Urban Decay's Naked Heat

Because I wear glasses, I don't focus too heavily on eyeliner, brow products or false lashes. Instead, I prefer eyeshadow...especially sparkly or bright colors. Even though I bought this product last summer I've been using it every day, and the first two shades, are completely empty. If you want the color to pop like crazy, you can consider using a special eyeshadow primer, such as Urban Decay's Primer Potion, which obviously works the best with their very own eyeshadows.

Sidenote: I've recently switched back to the Naked 3 palette, for more rose gold and even berry colors to welcome the spring that refuses to show up, even in mid-April.

3. Foundation: Make Up Forever's Pro Finish Foundation Powder

I've briefly experimented with a variety of powder based foundations, and have found this product to be the longest lasting and having the most coverage. While I know a lot of beauty bloggers, and even a lot of people I personally know prefer liquid foundation, I find that to be too heavy, and prefer a lighter feel, so i stick to powder.

4. Highlight & Contour: Kat Von D's Shade Light

A recent purchase of mine, but so far I'm loving this product. Long lasting, and very pigmented, using even a little bit of this product will take you a long way.

4.5 Additional mention: Urban Decay's Naked Illuminator

Highlighter has been another product I don't mind owning multiple off. As I've had a variety of favorite brands and products over the years, such as Becca's "Champagne Pop" & Laura Gellar's "Gilded Honey," a go to of mine is definitely Urban Decay's Naked Heat. Not too much a heavy gold color, unlike the products I just listed, this product can offer a slight shimmer on top of a more natural or skin toned highlight.

5. Mascara: Too Faced's Better Than Sex

Over the years, I've had a lot of disappointment with various higher end mascara's, with the lifespan of the product, or the product itself not matching the value of what I had paid for it. As a result, I tend to buy a lot of drug-store mascara. However, there is one exception to this, and that's the product I keep going back to - Too Faced's Better Than Sex Mascara. Long lasting, while being a good blend of lengthening and volumeizing, as well as being waterproof (which a lot of drugstore mascara I've tried have not been), this product has been repurchased by me at least three times since I discovered it a few years ago.

With a combination of old favorites and regulars, as well as newer products, I've found a combination of products that works for me as a daily look. Because I own such a surplus of make up, I try to change up products which a have a lot of, for example various eye shadow pallets, and highlighters, but I only really tend to vary my products when one finishes and needs replacement, because I don't mind sticking to these. It took me a lot of time and trial and error to find out what products work best for me, so hopefully this can help inspire and inform you. Happy Shopping.