Sensory Deprivation Tanks can Take you Towards Better Health

Sensory Deprivation Tanks
1046

How is it even remotely possible that depriving us out of our god given senses makes us healthier? Well, the answer is, by providing our brain with a short break from the bombardment of external stimuli while being all natural and all, we provide or entire system a break which unleashes an unimaginable amount of brain processing power that causes our brain to ‘repair’ or a better word in this situation would be ‘recalibrate’ our entire biological system.

When a person is placed in a sensory deprivation tank, isolation tank, REST tank or whatever other name they may refer to it as, what happens is the elements of sight, sound, smell, temperature and even gravity is removed, and the enormous brain processing power that is required to contend with these factors are set free to perform other much needed functions that our brain had placed on hold, for a very long time. The first thing that happens is that our brain goes into a deep relaxation mode which means that our mind quietens down significantly and our brain goes about exploring unbalanced chemical states and works on re-balancing them towards an optimal state.

The truth is that these sensory deprivation tanks have been around for a long time, for more than a century in fact, but resistance to change and the uncertainty of new things caused the acceptance of what these isolation tanks could do was slow due to a variety of reasons including the fact that the technological state during the time it was invented in the 60s were not capable of measuring brain frequencies as they are now and the fact that isolation tanks actually have a lot to do with brain waves which is the primary reason why these tanks are so effective have only come to light recently.

Initially they were written of as something that was only suited for geeks and have no medical value, but they have been proven wrong slowly over the years as reports on the effectiveness of these pods towards curing ailments such as insomnia, lack of concentration, fatigue and depression kept pouring in. From other factions reports on how effective they have been in speeding up muscle injuries, reducing gout symptoms and relieving people of chronic pain has expanded the use of these isolation pods to a variety of medical fields and floatation therapy has been since included as an added treatment measure in support of other treatments due to their role in making existing treatment for a multitude of common ailments much more effective.

As more people have come forward about how floatation therapy has made them more effective at work due to better clarty, higher focus and a higher capacity at problem solving not to mention reports from athletes that have sworn that they are able to perform better, floatation therapy has moved into the mainstream medical sphere. All fingers pointing towards the possibility of floatation therapy being nothing more than a ‘placebo element’ has since been nullified based on actual clinical trials involving hundreds of subjects.

Researchers have proven without doubt that subjects who are placed in isolation tanks causes a significant reduction in the activity of the amygdala in their brain which renders the subjects’ fight or flight response to be diminished as well and when this transpires the brain perceives that there is basically a ‘zero thereat level’ of any form and allows the brain to actually go into hibernation mode which triggers a deep relaxed response which in turn causes a significant level of brain processing power to refocus and heal the inner biological functions and reset our entire system into an optimised state.