A Senior Comic (#1)

A Senior Comic (#1)

Take a moment to quiet all those "should-bes" and "need-tos."
16

I drew this comic because I, like many other students, often feel dogged by something very akin to FOMO, where I feel I should always be doing something "worthwhile," especially in comparison to what I see other people are doing; perhaps, this feeling I describe would be more aptly called FONLUTOPS -- "Fear Of Not Living Up to Our Peers' Standards."

"Worthwhile" oftentimes feels like a pressure -- like I need to be somehow improving myself or doing something to build my resume. I know so many people who get frustrated with themselves for "wasting time," which can be really damaging to one's mental health. I wanted to reclaim the idea of wasted time within the world of this comic.

Recently, I've realized how "worthwhile" it is to simply take care of and forgive oneself. It's OK to settle--your fluttering thoughts, your raging ambitions, your feverish heart. Give yourself time to be a person: to have clear, guilt-free head space and enjoy the moment you are currently in. Let yourself relax and have a few moments where you don't need to be anything more than what you are right now. I think you'll realize that you are enough as you are, and "today's troubles are enough for today." - CJB