Send #Prayers for Midterms

Send #Prayers for Midterms

#SOS

27
Send #Prayers for Midterms

It's midterms season across college campuses and I don't know about y'all, but I'm going to need some prayers. Sometimes the best thing you can do when you are feeling stressed out and spread thin is to just give it to God with a prayer. Typically I find my prayers closer to begging than a normal conversation ("please God PLEASE let me pass this test please please I'll never say anything mean ever again!!!") and so I like to turn to pre-written prayers as guidance. I know the last thing anyone has time for is surfing the web for the perfect midterm prayer, so I have decided to make a list to make it easier for everyone!

Hope it helps and good luck!

Prayer for Focused Quiet Time

"Oh Lord, You know my heart. You know I sincerely want to grow closer to You and spend time with You, but I get so easily distracted. Like a silly sheep, my mind wanders, and I find my thoughts far from You.

Teach me, Lord, how to be like still waters. Quiet my soul. Bring order and calm to the chaos in my mind, so that I can spend time in a quiet and joyful meditation with You.

Thank You that You are willing and able to do these things, and that when I am weak, You are strong. I love You. Amen."

Prayer for Sleep and rest

"Dear loving God, I'm so tired and weary. I can't sleep; I can't rest. Even though I'm exhausted my mind races with worry and fear. I feel trapped. Set me free, oh Lord. Calm my heart. Let me know that true rest can be found in you alone. Not in people, or circumstances or worldly situations. Rest comes in learning to trust in you. Comfort me at night. Show me my struggles can be overcome by your strong and loving hand, guiding my heart and my life. Let me go deep into the truth that I am forgiven and loved by Jesus Christ. His love so sweet. Let me rest and sleep deeply in the loving arms of my savior. In Jesus's name Amen.

Prayer for When You Need Joy

"Dear my loving Father. I've got my struggles, I may even have pain, but the one thing I pray for is that your joy never leaves me. Let me remain joyous. Your spirit opens up the heavens to show me the loving face of Your son Jesus. He looks upon me with compassion and mercy. He cries out to You, oh heavenly Father, on my behalf. What more can I ask? What more can I desire? The Son of God giving his all for me at all times? Let this truth burst forth from the depth of my should, to quiet my fears and soothe the hurt. May the love of Christ consume me; His eternal tenderness caressing my heart. Let my response be joy, pure joy. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen.

Prayer for Sleepless Nights

"During the stillness of the night, I can hear nothing but the silence that surrounds me. I can hear it because I am wide awake, while all the world is at rest. Father, I cannot find the words to tell you what's wrong but, even though I can;t at this point I know You understand me. Search my heart, Oh Lord, take away the pain, take away the suffering, take away my troubles, restore peace and tranquility in my life."

Prayer of a College Girl

"Dear Father, give me kindness. Take away from me the biting tongue, the cruel intolerance of youth, and give me sympathy. Give me broadness of vision, an earnestness of purpose. Help me, God, to see Thy plan for me; to study and play with that before me. In all things keep me true to my best self, dear Father, help me always to keep my highest ideals and be true to them. Take away any taint of snobbishness, let me be natural, help me to be myself. Dear Lord, help me to live each day as though it were my last.

Give me friends, wise Father, real friends, not flatterers, friends who through life will leave their kindly stamp on me. In some way, my Father, help me to fulfill my mother's dream for me, my father's wishes, and above all, Thine own perfect pattern for me" - Mary Heald