10 Ways To Practice Self Love Without Being Selfish

You can't take care of anything without taking care of yourself first.

73

.

1. Wash your face.

Sounds easy enough right? So many men and women forget to do this. Not only can it save you from looking more mature before it's due time, but it's relaxing and rejuvenating.

2. Mask on mask on mask

In line with point number one, you should make time for face masks and even hair masks (which happen to be my favorite). Hit reset on your face and show it a little TLC, while being able to take some incredibly funny Snapchats. BONUS, if you are dry skinned in one area, and more oily in another, try multi masking. You can thank me later.

3. Light a candle.

Find a scent you love and stay lit. I probably get this from my mother, this woman would have at least 100 candles in our house and they would all be lit. Her house always smells like a between vanilla, apples, and sometimes eucalyptus. Now don't go crazy, but having your favorite candle near you just makes everything smell happy.

4. Create a playlist

I am a firm believer that music makes everything better. If I'm in a bad mood all it takes is playing my favorite song and I instantly feel better. Get a playlist together of happy, upbeat songs and listen to them when you need a pick me up. Extra credit, play it on a nice day with the windows down.

5. Journal, doodle, whatever it takes

Sometimes, you're just filled to the brim with emotions, and all you can do is get them out before you explode. Write it down, let go, let yourself move past whatever it is that is holding you down.

6. Just dance.

Random dance session? Don't mind if we do! Have too much energy? Dance. Need to smile? Dance. Need to exercise? Dance.

7. Take long, hot showers

I'm a huge fan of baths loaded with Epsom salts, bath bombs and bubbles but sometimes you don't have that capability. So take a long hot shower. Gather your thoughts, close your eyes, and let the water carry it all away. Just don't forgot to use cool water when washing out your condition. (It helps close pores and prevents oils from your scalp from messing up your clean hair).

8. I, I, I work out

Obviously sweating is good for the body, but it does WONDERS for your mind. Running is one of my favorite ways to kill frustration, and I hate running. When I feel like I need some me time, yoga is a great solution. When I feel weak, power-lifting helps me remember how strong I really am.

9. Make something

Be creative! Cook your favorite food, or bake your favorite dessert and eat it without feeling guilty. #treatyoself

10. When in doubt, play with puppies.

I mean really, is there anything puppies can't fix? I'll wait.