Here's Why Self-Improvement Is Important

Have you ever heard the quote “A negative mind will never give you a positive life"?
2478

According to Worldminded, “Personal growth is the ongoing process of understanding and developing yourself in order to achieve your fullest potential. Personal development is a vital part in a person’s growth, maturity, success and happiness. It is the foundation of emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual health.”

In order to grow as a person, you must like yourself. How will you have any faith in yourself if you don’t like yourself? It's possible to grow as a person and not like yourself but you won’t get nearly as far as someone who does like themselves. It’s hard to like yourself, especially in a society where liking yourself happens to be so looked down upon. But there is nothing wrong with liking yourself or loving yourself, as a matter of fact. You are with yourself forever so might as well be comfortable, right?

It is important to be comfortable with yourself as well as other people.

According to author Cheryl Bradshaw, many people are not comfortable around others and wear a “mask” in public. This mask is not our true self. Many people wear a mask in public around people they know and may not feel 100 percent comfortable with. People do this because they are scared of vulnerability. People are scared to show their true self to someone because if that person doesn't like them they will feel bad about themselves; almost like they’ve done something wrong. (If someone doesn’t like you, it doesn’t mean you’ve done anything wrong.)

Most people do it and do not even realize it, they go out and suddenly like a switch, the mask is on.

The problem with the mask though is that if you meet someone and have on your mask they can’t see the true you.

Taking off the mask and being yourself all the time is hard but worth it.

If someone does not like you, it’s their problem.

Personal growth is a process that requires you to be 100 percent comfortable and confident in yourself.

Personal growth is also a process that requires you to be positive.

Have you ever heard the quote “a negative mind will never give you a positive life”?

It’s true! Being positive is a huge step towards self improvement.

If you wake up one day with a negative mindset thinking about how crappy your day is going to go and how much you hate everyone then your day is most likely going to be crap. However, if you wake up and smile at people, be polite, kind and think about what a great day you're going to have, then your day will probably be a lot better!

Another crucial thing to remember in self improvement is that YOU are in control and no one else. You can make the moves to completely control your future, it’s all up to you. Sometimes this idea can scare people, but there is no reason to fear this. The gift of life and being able to control your future is everything.

Just remember you are in the driver seat and if you want to improve and be happy it's up to you!

When you feel yourself improving it is an amazing and unexplainable feeling, you feel so accomplished and happy!

Improving yourself can never hurt. Even the kindest, most hard working and loving people could use self improvement!

Remember that with personal growth will come success. Once you know what you want to do and are comfortable with yourself you will have bigger goals (career, family, living, etc.). If you are personally 100 percent comfortable with yourself, you will know what you want to do and success will come to you.

Lastly, remember with personal growth also comes great feelings of happiness. Remember to spread those feelings of happiness to others. Knowing you have grown as a person will give you the ability to help other people grow too.